Official Pat Tillman RIP thread

RIP.

I live in Arizona and teach at ASU. Pat was a big name here and his story is one of the most incredible and noble things I've seen up close. The guy had everything - athleticism, brains, looks, guts, a million dollar contract, the whole world at his feet and in the prime of his life to enjoy it.

Its remarkable, so many of the millionaires I worked with at Intel are in such poor health, taking anti-depressants and miserable. Here's a guy who gave up the dream life and chose to put himself in harm's way. What a contrast to the average person. And what an inspiration to all.

RIP

RIP

TTT for a true hero. RIP, Pat....

I emailed Ryan Young who wrote the article and reminded him of what a dumbazz he is. And what happened to the link to the article and the article?

What I didn't know that I read about today is that he was offered $9 million by the Rams last year and turned it down to stay with the Cardinals. The more you hear about this guy, the more you amazing his story actually is. He was an honors college student with a 3.75 average. He played college ball, pro ball and left behind a fortune, wife and family to be with his brother and fight. Absolutly amazing. I know that many men and women have served and fought for us but the difference here is that people are hearing about a familiar face in the publics eye. I can only hope this helps people recognize the bravery that ALL of the military has and what they are really going through.

Kevkaley, you are a piece of shit. Have some fucking respect.

Kevkaley-you are a fucking punk. Guys like Tillman make me proud to be an AMERICAN. He is a hero in every sense of the word. He was just a great person. He should be respected. RIP

RIP and God Bless America

WOW!!! I just got back from work and saw this tragic news on the telly. What an awesome reminder of what a true warrior really is. Kind of puts athletics into perspective in that they're just a sport. Enjoy them and be glad there are guys like Mr. Tillman in the world to allow us to appreciate them. R.I.P. and my sincere condolences to his family.

-Mike

Kevkaley-It guys like tillman who make it possbible for you the post that kinda bullshit. You dumbass go gets some balls and maybe one day you could have one 1/10th the balls that tillman had.

kevkaley--you are a true piece of $hit--give respect to Pat, traitor.

Once again, RIP PAT

It was very sad to hear about this on my way to work this morning. RIP Mr.Tillman.

R.I.P. and God be with your family, Pat Tillman. You have touched my heart for the second time. See you in the promised land!

RIP

Tons of Respect.

"Pat knew his purpose in life," McGinnis said. "He proudly walked away from a career in football to a greater calling."

Enough said.

RIP my brother.

I just hope I can live to be half the man Pat Tillman was. RIP to a true hero.

Resident Fatty, Watch the news 2 nite or go to msnbc.com

You people need to think. How would i email somebody killed yesterday? I emailed the guy who wrote that article or did any of you bother to read it.