Official UFC 281 Thread (prelims 6pm, Main Card 10pm)

30-27? Arce definitely won the second. Might’ve even won the 1st.

I’d cut these two fighters

1 Like

I’m too lazy to look, was it the first fight in the UFC for either of those guys? I’m not making excuses for those guys but there really is such a thing as first time UFC jitters. A UFC history of over 20 years shows a lot of good fighters underperformed in their first fight with the company. I can’t explain it but it’s a real thing…

1 Like

I’ll second this. It’s a form of performance anxiety. Unless the guy goes out there and curls into the fetal position, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Even then I still might give him the benefit of the doubt, depending on the fighter…

1 Like

Crue!! :metal:t5:

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you. I couldn’t come up with a well defined example of “giving a good report of himself” so I went with an overt act of cowardice instead.

Basically, I’ll give the guy another chance if he goes out and puts out any effort at all.

What I mean is that I agree with you entirely. Judging people on their first showing isn’t a good way to do things.

1 Like

Pressure, jitters, stage fright.

The UFC is a big fucking deal especially ppv shows. The crowd is crazy, the pomp and circumstance behind the scenes, how you are treated as a fighter back stage. Add in everyone you know has wished you luck this week and told you they believed in you via call or text. Then you weigh in and then you have a fake weigh in with a big ass rowdy crowd. Then they give you a fighters kit ( how bad ass is this) and it includes your corners. Oh and your rooms and travel were paid for (most guys haven’t got that before unless they were in major org). Then your warm up room is outfitted out with mats and a tv and anything else you need.

I know you know the regional circuit. We don’t get anything like what you see in your first UFC fight.

2 Likes

5’ 11” should not fight at 145.

CRAZY DOUBLE KNOCK DOWN!

Crazy fight so far

1 Like

Bro is THROWING!

What a banger of a round.

OH SHIT!

Wow!!!

Those dudes were swinging!!!

1 Like

Daaaaaamn, the sound of that!

Too bad he missed weight.

1 Like

Actually, Keith Trimble and I cornered Baroni at UFC30 ( the first ever zufa owned UFC). He was their first main card fight, on their first card ever. We shared our locker warm-up room with Pedro Rizzo and Marcos Ruas. Phil and Pedro were both very emotional before their fights that night. Pedro was fighting Josh Barnett in the main event. So I can tell you I’ve seen first hand up close UFC first time appearances can affect the fighters performance. Thats why its really a thing…

4 Likes

Great f-ing round and finish!

Oh I know you know brother. I just was spitballing.

2 Likes

Damn good fight

1 Like