Oh Jiri

Jiri is whining again.

It was, but at this point he previously accepted it wasnā€™t and thereā€™s no point in whining about it

If only he had the extra 3-5 seconds so he could be brained harder.

4 Likes

Almost inevitable that he would have lost, but we have seen crazier things and it was early

First Jiri says it was a fair stoppage, now this.

First Jamahl said it was a fair stoppage, now heā€™s blaming herb.,

Alex must be dishing them out some hard CTE with his paws

2 Likes

The ref gave Hill the extra few seconds for the enjoyment of the fans

1 Like

keegan-michael key thumbs GIF by The Paley Center for Media

He said it was a fair stoppage to let Goddard/UFC save face. Second he went back to Czechia, he told some foreigner media member that he thought the finish was early in his native tongue. I agree it was early, but he probably would have been brutally finished anyway. Sometimes you see guys get woken up from follow up shots tho.

He WAS brutally finished, he was elbowed hard in the temple, slammed his head on the canvas and was mounted immediately. Ref saved him some brain cells, he should be grateful.

4 Likes

The stoppage was fine. Here is the best breakdown on it. This is coming from a medical professional.

1 Like

Jiri is not beating Alex. He had nothing for him in the first.

1 Like

It was early. Iā€™d favor Jiri in a rematch

Alex depends on his distancing, height and reach for his defense. If Jiri was to time him like Izzy did, he could defo get to him. But Jiri is a totally different fighter than Izzy.

Jiri would have to modify his fighting style to beat Alex. He gets hit WAYYY too much, and doing that against Pereira is a sure way to lose every time. You can still be aggressive, but really work on his defense

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I told my friend before the first fight, he thought Jiri was a lock because heā€™s the better rounded MMA fighter, which I agree with. I said Jiri will look good until heā€™s on the floor, matter of time.

I thought about it 2 ways.

If the ref let it continue in an mma bout like this, jiri would have been mounted and elbowed to unconsciousness.

If this was a kickboxing bout, jiri would have been knocked down, given the 8 count, and Alex would have swarmed in for the kill with the left hook leaving him KOed and unconscious.

Jiri was doing well until he wasnā€™t. He cannot stand with Alex for 5 rounds thatā€™s for sure. Just a matter of time before he gets KOed. Alex is a good survivor on the ground and getting better each fight, training with Glover.

3 Likes

I canā€™t stand Jiri. Heā€™s been knocked out ice cold multiple times.

1 Like

By multiple times you meanā€¦ once, by King Mo in the Rizin finals. It was his second fight that night after a grueling opener with Vadim Nemkov. A good example of why multiple fights in one night isnā€™t the best idea from a competition standpoint.

Jiri is a stud and always has good fights, not much to hate on there.

1 Like

Jiri, just like the rest of the current LHW division, is tailor made for Alex to KTFO.

Even the supposed ā€œgrapplersā€ at LHW would rather strike with Alex with their horrible defense.