Okay Canada, Penn X Hughes and why

Go BJ!

When do right, no can defend.

Dont care! Hughes didnt beat BJ. BJ beat BJ.

Take that how you want.

I will always root for the jiu-jitsu fighter. Because everytime I think they dont have a chance, they remind me

of jitsu's effectiveness

Personalities aside, I believe the smart bet would be to root for the person with broadest skillset. In this case it would be BJ.

you guys actually expected bj to go 5 rounds? you guys are absolutely nuts

Conditioning, and 'heart' ARE skillsets. Very common for a weaker opponent to let the stronger tire, for example.

Hard to know if conditoning played a factor in this last fight or not. BJ looked tired but having hurt his ribs may account for this. Or not.

Betting on the broadest skillset does not entail that one will win the bet every time. I was not suggesting that. I was suggesting that it gives one the edge, on the balance of probabilites. In a fight, weird things can happen to undermine even the greater skillset. Plus, an athlete has to have the ultimate skillset of being able to put the 'lower' skillsets together.

I think Matt is a warrior. he was loosing the fight, realized BJ was gassed and capitalized on it.

however, I think BJ was dominating and gassed and gave the opportunity to Matt to win.

I heard Bj broke a rib too.

either way good fight and I would like to see part 3

Fredrico,

I know what you are saying but I have seen athletes actually develop 'heart' - through experience. Some are more naturally inclined perhaps, but nevertheless, one will see 'heart' change at least as it pertains to boxers. For example, a boxer without heart is rarely a success. Boxing is a tought, tough bhsiness. Yet, certain successful boxers have been known to not have his characteristic until they mature. This was the reason why I called it a skillset. That is, I believe skillsets and personality traits not to be mutually exclusive. As we know, other personality traits can change over time.

Date: 09/24/06 08:14 AM
1020 Total Posts Ignore User

Just left his room and he's OK. While ripping out the back door and taking Matt's back, he seperated his rib and tried desperatly to finish it right there. In the corner between 2 and 3 he never mentioned it to any cornerman. Coming into the 3rd, he couldn't breath and felt immobile. Matt was outclassed until BJ injured his rib.... FACT!!!