Old: Karate pointfighting vs Boxing

Karate guys that look to have never been in a real fight vs boxers wearing gloves and throwing hard.

6 Likes

Kobra Kai!

2 Likes

Must be pretty cool to beat up white belts. Let’s see how they would handle a shodan or nidan.

3 Likes

Can’t watch without reddit app, which I’m not getting.

Seeing more and more of this lately…

6 Likes

“Karate guys that look to have never been in a real fight”

Probably be because they haven’t. This is the problem alot of TMAs are facing with getting rid of actual sparring.

4 Likes

This is clearly an Inter club event and all the participants agreed to take part. The Boxers weren’t bullying anyone. It’s not their fault that the Karate guys couldn’t fight.

2 Likes

Couldn’t they have found more advanced TKD students instead of what appeared to be beginners?

1 Like

That’s like saying 3 months of not fighting and 3 years of not fighting are different.

You don’t get better at something by not doing it.

1 Like

Every time the boxers got one clean strike in, karate guys quit.

lets go fighting GIF by Matt Crabbs

face punch GIF

He Man Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

I did ITF as a kid and our instructor encouraged us to train boxing too .
Sound advice.

4 Likes

Those karate guys kicked like they were doing a drill and trying not to hurt people. I used to leave my karate classes as a kid and early teen with my gi covered in fucking blood lol. We would go to the adults class later at night and beat the shit out of each other without peoples parents there freaking out. Hell I remember getting fucking thrown head over heels one time by the owner’s son, getting kicked in the balls, dropping motherfuckers and them being out of it etc.

These dudes in the video were total pussies. I’m not saying they had the know how to win, but they were pussies.

3 Likes

Yep, we did all of the typical drills and kata bullshit, but when it came time to spar it was keep your hands up, no butterfly kick bullshit etc.

you think shodans and nidans don’t fight?

4 Likes

That was Benny the Jet urquidez

1 Like

That’s from the New Gladiators DVD.

1 Like

Sure you’ve got karate guys like the ones in the video, but then on the other hand you’ve got karate guys like Judd Reid…

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah? Well Judd is a real jerk. He took the 100 man kumite too seriously and got rough when he didn’t have to be.

Exactly what I was thinking. First dude could have landed hard kicks, but he was just touching dude with them. Pretty bad that you train like that so much that when it comes time to throw down you’re still throwing pitter patters.