Old training buddy took his own life

And old training buddy of mine committed suicide recently. Just found out this morning and it kinda messed my day up.. Been thinking about it a lot. He was a genuinely great guy. Always encouraging everyone else in the gym. Always eager to help someone out. He was one of the 5 or so people I trained with that I actually made sure to get to know personally.
I'm sure I wouldn't have crossed paths with him in life again. But just knowing he's gone is really fucking with me. He was such a genuine person.
RIP Jerrell.

I don't know if this was really the right thing to post here. But I needed to put it somewhere. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not asking for sympathy or anything like that. I'm just sharing. This guys family deserves some prayers. Or positive vibes. Whatever you can offer. Phone Post 3.0

john joe - a shame

how old was he? any idea what the motivation was?
Late 20s I believe. No idea about the motivation. I honestly can't even come up with a guess. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to hear that:(
RIP Jerell Phone Post 3.0

MrNiceguy66 - Sorry to hear that:(
RIP Jerell Phone Post 3.0
Jerrell Phone Post 3.0

My condolences brother. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. I have lost a lot of family and friends and the one thing that always pulls me thru is I feel lucky for the time I had with them. Sounds like he was a cool dude.

Excuse my grammar, in bed half asleep Phone Post 3.0

Tragic :( Phone Post 3.0

RIP condolences to you and his family Phone Post 3.0

Sad, sad stuff. Thoughts with Jerrell's family and friends Phone Post 3.0

RIP Jerrell.

Sorry mate Phone Post 3.0

RIP Jerrell

Sorry that you lost a friend, OP.

So sorry- About two years ago, my buddy ran into a rough run. Mom died from MS, he got a DWI two weeks later. Gets a suspended sentence.

About a year later, he's dating this girl who has him tied into a knot. Really emotional guy, and she's constantly fucking with his head. Not just his head, but his heart and sanity.

They get into a big fight. He breaks the back window of her house trying to talk to her. She freaks, locks self in bathroom with roommate and calls the cops. When he hears the sirens, he takes glass from broken window and cuts both wrists.

Cops charge him with burglary, assault (never touched her, but nonetheless). Kid and family are broke, first offense besides the DWI- 250k ball.

Hat gets passed, and we eventually get him out. He looks great. Interviews for jobs. Stays dry. We're all really excited.

Burglary charges get suspended dismissal- keep his nose clean for 2 years and gone. He goes into rehab. Everything is great.

Cops come and pick him up from rehab. The prior DWI judge is pissed. Sentences him to a year.

About a week before he was set to surrenders, he leaves note on fb. Apologies for being human. Says he just missed his mom too much and his heifer of a now ex broke his heart. He was ordered to stay away from her but she asked to see him. Had been fucking him every day and then she found Christ, and was now a virgin again (you can't make this shit up) and no longer wanted to see him because he reminded her of her old life.

All of his friends deployed, looking for him. He'd turned his phone off and the cops were no help. About two hours later, I get a call from the medical examiner. He had jumped off of a large parking ramp and lost his life. His call to me earlier in the day, where he asked me to do a character voice is made up of his ex and a hippopotamus was his last call.

I think about him every day. RIP to four friends- though they leave a hole in our hearts, their pain is gone Phone Post 3.0

I can't post a link, but there is a thread here for anyone dealing with depression and suicidal impulses: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2355816/Depression-and-Suicide-Resources/?&page=1

downperiscope - So sorry- About two years ago, my buddy ran into a rough run. Mom died from MS, he got a DWI two weeks later. Gets a suspended sentence.

About a year later, he's dating this girl who has him tied into a knot. Really emotional guy, and she's constantly fucking with his head. Not just his head, but his heart and sanity.

They get into a big fight. He breaks the back window of her house trying to talk to her. She freaks, locks self in bathroom with roommate and calls the cops. When he hears the sirens, he takes glass from broken window and cuts both wrists.

Cops charge him with burglary, assault (never touched her, but nonetheless). Kid and family are broke, first offense besides the DWI- 250k ball.

Hat gets passed, and we eventually get him out. He looks great. Interviews for jobs. Stays dry. We're all really excited.

Burglary charges get suspended dismissal- keep his nose clean for 2 years and gone. He goes into rehab. Everything is great.

Cops come and pick him up from rehab. The prior DWI judge is pissed. Sentences him to a year.

About a week before he was set to surrenders, he leaves note on fb. Apologies for being human. Says he just missed his mom too much and his heifer of a now ex broke his heart. He was ordered to stay away from her but she asked to see him. Had been fucking him every day and then she found Christ, and was now a virgin again (you can't make this shit up) and no longer wanted to see him because he reminded her of her old life.

All of his friends deployed, looking for him. He'd turned his phone off and the cops were no help. About two hours later, I get a call from the medical examiner. He had jumped off of a large parking ramp and lost his life. His call to me earlier in the day, where he asked me to do a character voice is made up of his ex and a hippopotamus was his last call.

I think about him every day. RIP to four friends- though they leave a hole in our hearts, their pain is gone Phone Post 3.0
Stories like this really, really put into perspective just how good I've got things. It's so sad and one of the most fucked up things that life can be so unfair for others.

Both DPs and OPs stories are so tragic and I can't adequately express how sorry I am to all friends and family involved with anyone who took their own life. I can only say how thankful and lucky I am that life dealt me a better hand! Phone Post 3.0

I Just Saw Swinging - I can't post a link, but there is a thread here for anyone dealing with depression and suicidal impulses: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2355816/Depression-and-Suicide-Resources/?&page=1
VU when I'm able to for you, sir. Good man Phone Post 3.0

Casual Kiwi -
I Just Saw Swinging - I can't post a link, but there is a thread here for anyone dealing with depression and suicidal impulses: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2355816/Depression-and-Suicide-Resources/?&page=1
I got him for you. And agreed. Phone Post 3.0

downperiscope -
Casual Kiwi -
I got him for you. And agreed. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you. You're a champion. Phone Post 3.0

My condolences

Sorry for your lose