Oliveira admits he was forced to fight Islam and tried everything in his power to avoid the fight

lol

“Everyone knows that I’m a UFC employee. You can’t escape that. So we tried to negotiate from every angle.”

Probably

1 Like

I don’t blame him for wanting more lucrative fights than boring Islam.

15 Likes

This isn’t even the case though. Fighting Conor without a title = no ppv points. He would have gotten less to fight Conor unless they drew up a new contact for him as well. It was just a bitch move for Oliveira to keep his title longer that backfired because the UFC told him he could either show up and fight Islam for the vacant title or move to the back of the line.

Islam is boring as fuck

Makes Khabib look like the most exciting fighter of all time

8 Likes

He would’ve gotten more facing Conor one way or another.

4 Likes

Last 4 fights were 4 finishes in less than a year

He was just stalling based on nothing realistic.

If it were that easy UFC fighters would just take time off and say they are holding out for a Mayweather fight.

Elias Theodorou had finishes, doesn’t mean he was an exciting fighter

Islam is effective, not exciting

2 Likes

4 finishes in a year showing that level of dominance is way better than what GSP was doing during his title reign.

1 Like

But Islam isn’t finishing top contenders. Chaz is.

2 Likes

We’ll see what’s said after Islam finishes Charles.

Islam is boring as fuck with non top 25 guys, imagine how boring he’ll be with his first top 10 guy ever

2 Likes

Islam will destroy Paddy…if he can ever even make it to the top 10.

1 Like

He finished him in seconds.

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/1454535688498581508?lang=en

Not the unbeatable Dan Hooker?!

9 Likes

You’re moving the goalposts.

You called for a top 10 and Hooker was before Islam throttled him.

I didn’t call for a top 10, I said he’d be facing his first top 10 and if you’re telling me Dan hooker was somehow top 10 at LW when they faced then sure I’ll believe you

Islam is still boring as fuck

4 Likes

GSP was also a boring ass fighter. In addition, he was favored in everyone of his fights after getting the belt. He kept it nice and safe and never challenge himself ( fighting Silva). Charles has been the underdog in most of his fights.

He was top 10.

Didn’t help him much though.