Oliveria improved or 155 just that bad?

Again Dustin went back to brawling. I’m not sure what it is but there’s an instinct there that overtakes his technical abilities. I feel like the most primal part of his brain panics when he’s being pressured like that and instinctually he goes into war mode to survive. Essentially his fight IQ goes out the window and he is only trying to KO the guy.

If you watch the 2nd Conor fight in particular, you’ll notice that early on Dustin seems a little flustered/nervous/tense. He allows Conor to back him up and there are a few moments where he eats some shots and his facial expression changes. He starts to look a little worried and begins backing up. Occasionally he will throw a couple of bombs before backing up to keep Conor away.

If you watch closely, in each of those exchanges, you can clearly see Dustin take a deep breath and walk forward to take the center of the cage before throwing more strikes. Some of that may have been due to the fact that he was standing in front of a guy that KO’d him years earlier. But whatever it was, in those moments, you can see him overcome a mental obstacle.

Whatever he was dealing with in those moments is likely similar to what he’s dealing with in those exchanges with Charles. I assume the only way he can overcome them is to just back up and get teed off on or go all out for the kill. It’s a survival tactic. In the Conor fight he was able to calm down and do neither one of those things.

Either way I do NOT think he was prepared for the pace that Oliveira put on him at ALL. The only person who has even come close to that against Dustin was Max… and by the time Max was putting it together Poirier had already hurt him multiple times. They were both tired. Not even Gaethje pressured him that way and certainly doesn’t have the variety of strikes in his arsenal that Charles does. I don’t think Dustin was ready for that and along with the body work, brawling, and the ground work in the second round, he had never really been in a fight like that before.

5 Likes

I’m upset because I can’t believe the average fan could be so retarded. How do you do even get off trying to make hot takes like this when you’re clearly so retarded?

2 Likes

It’s not championship caliber?

But he was the champ at LW???

Do you even understand why you sound retarded?

You must be 19, that or you’re just a grown retard.

1 Like

So why isn’t he champ any more? He was a champ. Back when Donald cerrone was a top contender. What you’re crying about is me saying benson wouldn’t beat anyone in the ufc today, which is true. You pansy’s over here in the UG are a bunch of mouth breathing snowflakes. Ultimate fighter jock sniffers. BJ Penn blow jobbers. Wannabe wonderboys. Too easy to rile up. I could choke out all of you one by one.

brock lesnar wwe GIF

Apparently covid was not deadly enough.

I tapped out covid quicker than i had you tapping on the mat. Easy work. Show up at my gym and bring a pillow. Night night

Man really, he had the hardest route to tbr tittle that maybe anyone has had to travel. Dude won like 9 or 10 in a row against savages.

PUT SOME RESPECT ON THAT MANS NAME.

Fuck your asshole attitude. You just want to insult a bunch of legend status fighters for whst…because they lost some fights? What a dickface you are. Learn to respect others including fighters and maybe you’ll lose some of that worthless hatred that consumes you. Learn how to respect others for your own good man, being angry all the time is horrible for you and your happiness in life. Let it go man. You can defend you point just fine without insulting other fighters n posters on this forum. I get it I snap sometimes too but you had no reason but you chose to insult many fighters some of us grearly respect. That’s not cool for anyone including your own mental health. Good luck my friend.

1 Like

He didn’t choke. Didn’t you hear he didn’t want to try and make things worse break closed guard and get subbed. I thought it was a bad idea giving away a round but fuck man just at the beginning of round 2 we saw exactly why what he did. Olives is a beast on the ground or grappling period. I almost put 100 bucks down on Charles subbing him in the 2 or 3 but like a fucking idiot I didn’t. I thought maybe DP would be able to keep it standing but it even crossed my mind that move where he jumps on the back n takes it. This isn’t the first time he’s done this, if anything give DP shit about that. He should of immediately tried to shake him off or at least grabbed the foot and not allowed him to triangle his feet cause it’s a matter of time after that usually.

That’s Olives move and if anything give DP shit about not immediately start shaking or grabbing the foot so he could not lock that body triangle.

Saying Ben Henderson isn’t a champion level fighter anymore isn’t an insult. Not every fighter can be a champion today. I’m mostly fucking around with the tools on here that sound like cry baby retards. You guys are worse than wrestling fans. Holy meltdown Batman. “Do you even understand” I can just picture the angry fingers responding to my posts.

I think it was an ok strategy in round 2. The bodies aren’t as slippery as they will be after R2 and Charles is fresh so it’s the worst time to get into a scramble for position with him. He gave away the round but I see the strategy that they didn’t want to risk getting into a much worse position or possibly a sub situation 6 and half minutes into a 25 minute fight.

Quit talking about your clueless self like that…and take Dustin’s dick out of your mouth./

2 Likes

Are you ok? Lmao.

“You must be upset, I don’t know why you’re crying? You must be upset. Not me though, fuck you come to my gym and fight me! I’ll tap out all your asses!!!”

What a clown! What a clown with anger issues you clearly are Lmao.

Are you Sean Strickland? Lmao

Oh my god you didn’t just tell us to come fight you at your gym, you just didn’t. Lmao.

“I’m cool, you’re the mad one. Come fight me! Any of you, I’ll fuck you all up!!!” Lmao!!!

Wow

Anyways, you’re logic is stupid, you’re changing the arguments because you want to sound less stupid. I was in college too once, I know what you bros are like. Just don’t become a John Cena when you’re 40 and still single telling younger bros how to lift.

“Why isn’t Fedor the champ anymore huh??? It’s because the HW division is weak but he couldn’t win one fight in the ufc if he tried though.”

Ok, whatever pal. Go tap out people you disagree with at your gym, you’re an embarrassment lol.

2 Likes

“You people are so easy to get riled up! Hahaha”

“Any one of you, come try me!! I’ll put your ass to sleep!!”

Lmao ok buddy. You shouldn’t be drinking while taking your meds.

1 Like

Keeps replying to me lol. Nothing here changes that a lot of the guys at 155 stand and trade shots. It’s an entertaining and chaotic division. Porier and Gaetchje are two of my favourite fighters. I like watching chaos but it’s hard to be a champion for more than a fight or two when you fight that way.

I don’t go to a gym or train at all but I’ll definitely tap you in the video game and maybe in real life.

If Justin and Dustin are your two favourite ever, and Oliveria is the champ.

Than who in LW history would be a better fighter, who has faced tougher competition?

It

You better not say Khabib, because then you’re a retard for saying that because he won his title in what you’d claim to be a weak LW division. So tell me,

what was the most stacked LW era??

Who is the LW goat?

It can’t be Khabib if his division was so fucking weak. The same guys are still around!!! Just no Khabib, Edgar or Bendo. Who the latter two could never ever win a fight at LW ever today anyways. They’re not LW caliber! Yet, Pitbull, would destroy any of the top 5 at LW, including your two favourite fighters.

Let me continue explaining why you’re a total brain dead retard…….

You’re some douche who lays out “yet you keep replying”

Of course I do, how is that some sort of detriment to me? I’m a loser because I replied to this retarded stuff? What’s your point? Or would you be a loser for responding? If you respond to this post, can I say…

“Yet, you keep replying”

Because if that’s what it takes to shut you up and stop your retarded points of view than fine

Yet, you’re replying to me???

Please don’t fight me or tap me out, I’m not humble enough for that.

1 Like

Gotta let that one go man, absolute fluke and could happen to anyone. I jacked up my neck when someone snapped my head in wrestling practice and couldn’t stand, was fucked up for weeks some shit just happens. I’m sure that whole thing was justified, we see there’s no quit in him now.

Tyron McRibley on the other hand….

1 Like

Hence why the current streak of undisputed LW Champions (Khabib, Charles, arguably Conor) don’t fight that way

Khabib is the lightweight goat. The is 155 that bad was meant to be questioned. That’s why I put a question mark. It i was sure that 155 was a weak division, I would have say oliveria isn’t that good, lightweight is just that bad. Lightweight isn’t the weakest division in the ufc, I do question whether it’s leaps and bounds the most talent stacked in the top 10. It’s probably the deepest division for top 30. I’d have to go back and look at who everyone’s fought to see who’s had the toughest run at 155

Khabib finished Dustin, gaetcje, Conor. Hard to deny him having the most dominate run with the hardest competition in the division.