Oliveria improved or 155 just that bad?

This thread should have been automatically discredited and abandoned when “155 just that bad?” was stated

1 Like

Literally the most top heavy division in the UFC

2 Likes

Most of them stand and trade? This guy. For a fact you don’t watch the fights or pay enough attention. Every aspect of MMA is involved in these fights they put on and then you have Beniel and Islam in the mix who are more grapplers than strikers

1 Like

He dropped him twice, just couldn’t finish him.

Everytime he threw a punch it landed, or so it seemed.

Charles needs to bring in coach Edmund to work on that head movement.

just kidding jk GIF

3 Likes

Shit thread

1 Like

Love to see him and Makhachev. Knees and kicks and elbows to get through for a takedown and then can the highest level submission game deal with the Dagestani top-game? Wouldn’t sell to the mainstream though; just us dumb hardcores.

6 Likes

Poirier ran into 2-3 devastating knees going all in for the finish.

He is usually a closer but you could see his soul leave his body when that first nasty knee connected with his rib cage / liver and instead of adjusting he kept going forward :frowning:

Great fight and respect to the champ !

2 Likes

How can you say they aren’t elite athletes lol I’ve been around sports my entire life and Ive seen my some great athletes who couldn’t even make it through a hour of what mma fighters do . Most high level Mma fighters are elite when it comes to athletic ability. Imo

5 Likes

I felt like he was hoping for a stand up, and didn’t want to risk getting submitted by grappling.

1 Like

You’re spewing delusional bullshit from your own drunken head

Heres Poirier himself saying the body work had no effect on him

3:04

You mma newbs need to watch boxing and understand what real effective body work is

Of course he is gonna say that.

Use your 2 God given eyes, Poirier won that 1st round easily but we all saw by the end of Round 1 Oliveira was fully recovered because he went where few men not called Gaethje go, he fucking went forward.

It was a super risky plan but it paid big time.

also

Conor loses all rematches

3 Likes

Can’t wait. I also wanna see how Dariush would match up with him.

Damn, when you think about the thread title and look at the evolution of some of these 155ers like Gaethje and Dariush, it’s hard to say that the division hasn’t gotten stronger.

Not true. Dustin said himself only one knee landed that was good and the body shots didn’t do much damage.

1 Like

exactly. And he has heavy hands.

1 Like

True. But vs Chandler and Dustin he was hurt and in danger, but came back to win.

He’s not a dominant champion with one sided victories.

I like that though. He’s taking risks and winning anyway. His fights are exciting. Should get more credit for all these great boughts he’s in.

We always hear about the other guys being in great entertaining fights but I’ve never heard anyone mention it about Oliveira.

6 Likes

The stand and bang bros at 155 are a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Top contender fights are usually chaos. All I was saying is nobody aside from khabib has shown the ability to be dominant because of how reckless they fight. Although not as deep, 170 and 185 has better fighters at the top of the division. 170 and 185 has always had the best fighters in the world. Although some 170s and 185s have struggled when trying to drop weight classes. Gsp, Usman, Anderson are probably the top 3 of all time.

185 as I recall was always the weakest division

2 Likes

Islam is going to rule this shit with an iron fist.

The lack of mention of his name itt is just fear.

A lot of times that’s due to there being a dominate champion at the top of the division. What constitutes 155 as being superior to 185? Everyone praised 155 of being this shark tank of killers. It appears to be more like rock em sock em robots to me.

9 Likes