Oliveria improved or 155 just that bad?

Absolutely, he was playing it safe, but it took a toll on him and he got finished shortly after the next round started.

He might be full of shit or not realize that it did…

5 Likes

Yeah, I will believe Poirier over some random idiot troll newbs over the internet who dont know shit about fighting who were being brainwashed by the cluless biased commentary

Poirier was the 1 in there. The nerve of you to think “you know better”

You fucking clown

Dustin has always been an honest man. No reason why he would lie and say the body shots didn’t play a part into it.

Hardcore fans have talked about both Oliveira’s potential as a fighter, and how exciting his fights have been over the years. Most of us knew he had the skill to be champ but none of us knew if he would develop the intangibles he needed to make it there.

Not many people have talked about how exciting he is as a champion. Probably because people want to see total domination by the champ. I’d imagine that’s because it raises doubts about them being the best in the division.

However, I don’t feel that way. An all action exciting fighter rarely becomes a champion because they generally have a risk-taking style and take too many losses along the way. Charles has found a way to be more strategic and patient, while retaining his kill or be killed fighting style.

As amazing as he is I think he has yet to reach his full potential. I believe he’s a truly special talent. Even if he doesn’t move camps, I’d like to see him work with another striking coach. I know he’s in Brazil so maybe he can work with Andre Pederneiras at Nova Uniao.

3 Likes

This. I mean maybe we can say his admitting one knee was solid meant it hurt him in the moment but he has been straight up about plenty of stuff in the past so there is no reason to think this is different.

For a lot of men, pride > honesty

If he lied about that I don’t think it’s because he’s a liar. I’m a big fan of him, and his sincerity/honesty is a big reason why.

2 Likes

Charles just hit that sweet spot in his career where he has the knowledge and experience meeting in his athletic prime.

155 is stacked with Usman dominating 170 it would be a great time to see that 165 division and 175.

1 Like

Also he may just be telling the truth because he wasn’t actually hurt. Which may be true. But they slowed him down.

That’s what makes Fedor the goat in my eyes. Risky style undefeated as a heavyweight for 10 years

1 Like

Yeah I get it. They were solid no doubt but Dustin was out striking him just fine in Round 1. I think he had no idea what to do on the ground with Charles. Kind of froze like he did with Khabib and just felt outclassed. I love Dustin but sadly he choked and didn’t perform how he should’ve/could’ve/would’ve

1 Like

Round 2 Charles did not have his glove cuffed. Dustin could’ve definitely fought to break that position. He could’ve got his arm out. Held on and didn’t try to advance back to the feet. Holding on was smarter than scrambling when you still have the whole round. Round 3 comes and he’s choked out from a standing RNC! It wasn’t the strikes that led to the victory. That was Dustin’s realm. It was Charles’ confidence/abilities against Dustin’s intimidation of the grappling

Unique and remarkable skill set + humility and grace + heart and toughness + kill or be killed + fighting guys bigger than him = GOAT

1 Like

Again Dustin went back to brawling. I’m not sure what it is but there’s an instinct there that overtakes his technical abilities. I feel like the most primal part of his brain panics when he’s being pressured like that and instinctually he goes into war mode to survive. Essentially his fight IQ goes out the window and he is only trying to KO the guy.

If you watch the 2nd Conor fight in particular, you’ll notice that early on Dustin seems a little flustered/nervous/tense. He allows Conor to back him up and there are a few moments where he eats some shots and his facial expression changes. He starts to look a little worried and begins backing up. Occasionally he will throw a couple of bombs before backing up to keep Conor away.

If you watch closely, in each of those exchanges, you can clearly see Dustin take a deep breath and walk forward to take the center of the cage before throwing more strikes. Some of that may have been due to the fact that he was standing in front of a guy that KO’d him years earlier. But whatever it was, in those moments, you can see him overcome a mental obstacle.

Whatever he was dealing with in those moments is likely similar to what he’s dealing with in those exchanges with Charles. I assume the only way he can overcome them is to just back up and get teed off on or go all out for the kill. It’s a survival tactic. In the Conor fight he was able to calm down and do neither one of those things.

Either way I do NOT think he was prepared for the pace that Oliveira put on him at ALL. The only person who has even come close to that against Dustin was Max… and by the time Max was putting it together Poirier had already hurt him multiple times. They were both tired. Not even Gaethje pressured him that way and certainly doesn’t have the variety of strikes in his arsenal that Charles does. I don’t think Dustin was ready for that and along with the body work, brawling, and the ground work in the second round, he had never really been in a fight like that before.

5 Likes

I’m upset because I can’t believe the average fan could be so retarded. How do you do even get off trying to make hot takes like this when you’re clearly so retarded?

2 Likes

It’s not championship caliber?

But he was the champ at LW???

Do you even understand why you sound retarded?

You must be 19, that or you’re just a grown retard.

1 Like

So why isn’t he champ any more? He was a champ. Back when Donald cerrone was a top contender. What you’re crying about is me saying benson wouldn’t beat anyone in the ufc today, which is true. You pansy’s over here in the UG are a bunch of mouth breathing snowflakes. Ultimate fighter jock sniffers. BJ Penn blow jobbers. Wannabe wonderboys. Too easy to rile up. I could choke out all of you one by one.

brock lesnar wwe GIF

Apparently covid was not deadly enough.

I tapped out covid quicker than i had you tapping on the mat. Easy work. Show up at my gym and bring a pillow. Night night