O'Malley Discusses A Separate UFC Promotion For Women

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/omalley-discusses-a-separate-ufc-promotion-for-women-would-they-be-able-to-sell-ppvs

It wasn’t meant to imply that women shoudn’t be competing in the UFC, but Sean O’Malley recently speculated on how an all-women’s branch of MMA’s top promotion might perform.

Fight fans recently saw arguably the GOAT of women’s MMA exit the sport when Amanda Nunes announced her retirement after UFC 289. “The Lioness” retired as a two-division champion with wins over some of the sport’s biggest names at bantamweight and featherweight, including a number of former champions.

News of Nunes’ retirement was met with support from seemingly every member of the MMA community not named Julianna Peña, however O’Malley recently spoke to several guests on his YouTube channel and discussed a current UFC champion’s controversial thoughts on women’s MMA.

O’Malley Speculates On Viability Of “Women’s UFC”

Mention of a 2020 tweet from UFC Lightweight Champion Islam Makhachev where he claimed MMA “is not a woman’s sport” sparked a group discussion on the subject, which led to O’Malley speculating on how a separate UFC promotion for female fighters might perform.

“What if there was a WUFC?" O’Malley asked. "Women’s UFC? What if they had their own - would it last? Would they be able to sell pay-per views? Would they be able to sell out arenas? I’m just asking…It’s still the UFC, it’s still Dana, it’s still the UFC pushing these fights, promoting them. Would it last?”
Dana White famously declared that women would never fight in the UFC before being swayed by the considerable star power of Ronda Rousey, and fighters like Nunes are reflective of how far women’s MMA has developed over a relatively short period of time.

“Sugar” is set to challenge for the UFC’s bantamweight title when he meets Aljamain Sterling in the main event of UFC 292, which also features a women’s title fight in the co-main event when Weili Zhang defends her strawweight title against Amanda Lemos.

2 Likes

yes it was

4 Likes

Disagree No Way GIF by VH1

2 Likes

Isn’t that what Invicta is ?
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

13 Likes

Yet Sean let’s other men fuck his Mexican wife…

6 Likes

I wouldn’t particulary go for the seperate promotion/ice-'em-out bandwagon but I certainly feel they should shore things up. Nunes just quit to escape a rightful rematch with Pena, Valentina had the unfortunate slip up against Grasso losing her title. Make it 120lb and 130lb. 115lb title stays with Weili at 120lb, Grasso is made champ at 130lb and fights Pena next. Valentina either takes the winner at 130lb or chooses to challenge at 120lb.

He doesnt. Hes the only one allowed to bang other chicks

Im probably the only person on this forum who sort of likes Sean but hell yea I like him even more now.

Get WMMA out of fight cards. Shit kills all momentum of fight cards. Saturdays UFC card had only one bad fight and it was a WMMA fight

5 Likes

Let them do all their woke shit in WUFC

3 Likes

1 WMMA fight as feature prelim or main card but no the main or comain. It’s okay.

I don’t know what it’s like for your guys wives or gfs but my wife loves to see a women’s fight on there. Just need 1 to make them happy and get them on board.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

1 Like

There already is a WUFC. It’s called Invicta and it just got dropped from UFC Fight Pass this year.

2 Likes

I’ll allow 1 fight on the main card but only if they’re hot.

Woman can’t fight, just finish with this absurd already

1 Like

And without tops, i would allow it even before main event, otherwise best I can do is prelim card

You can’t possibly believe that. Nunes fucking thrashed Pena in the rematch. It was a dominant as it gets.

1 Like

Just make women only Ufc cards.

I wont watch

3 Likes