On my way to Thailand!

Hello everyone!

I'm heading over to Thailand for a two week vacation with my girlfriend (our first time there), and am so excited!

While we're there, I'm teaching a Jiu-Jitsu seminar in Bangkok, visiting Ayutthaya to see the ancient ruins, traveling to Phuket (training a few days at Tiger Muay Thai), as well as visiting Ko Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, and Krabi to vacation.

My questions to any of you who have been there are:
(1) Any recommendations on what not to miss while we're there?
(2) I know there are a million Muay Thai gyms in Bangkok. Any recommendations on where to train, and who to do personal lessons with?

Thanks for any and all help and information!

Good training to you all!

Respectfully, Eric Burdo

Make sure you go to one of the Big Stadiums for the fights.

Sinbi Gym in Phuket is well worth a visit for a train and Phuket Top team and Dragon Muay Thai are very close to Tiger Muay Thai.

Have Trained here which is in Ao Nang near Krabi http://www.aonang-thaiboxing.com and recommend it for privates.

There are dozens of good gyms in Bangkok so it really depends where you are staying etc.

Getting ready for my trip as well. Will be heading over in about three weeks. Narrows it down to Fighting Spirit Gym and Ingram Gym in Bangkok. Will probably train at Burklerk when I head to Chiang Mai.

Pay day 2 day to train. Check out as many gyms as possible Phone Post

Ray Elbe - 

Pay day 2 day to train. Check out as many gyms as possible Phone Post

Thanks for the advice. If I find my self down south Ill be sure to come train with you guys.

Ham and Egger - Getting ready for my trip as well. Will be heading over in about three weeks. Narrows it down to Fighting Spirit Gym and Ingram Gym in Bangkok. Will probably train at Burklerk when I head to Chiang Mai.

Chaiyai in Chang Mai is good too Phone Post

x FOX x - 
Ham and Egger - Getting ready for my trip as well. Will be heading over in about three weeks. Narrows it down to Fighting Spirit Gym and Ingram Gym in Bangkok. Will probably train at Burklerk when I head to Chiang Mai.

Chaiyai in Chang Mai is good too Phone Post

Awesome. My guesthouse is a 15 minute walk from that gym.

Thanks for all of tips! Man, I'm so excited, can't wait! I plan on taking photos and videos, and will post here when I get home.

eric-burdo - Thanks for all of tips! Man, I'm so excited, can't wait! I plan on taking photos and videos, and will post here when I get home.

When are you going to be there?

I'm heading to Chay Yai next week! Might see you there :) Phone Post

Leaving late tonight! Can't wait. I'll take planty of photos (hopefully some video, too) and post when I get back.

I'll be teaching a Jiu-Jitsu seminar in Bangkok this Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/272262212877058/?fref=ts

What gym? I'll be there a week from today. Phone Post

awesome stuff, good luck dude. Hope you have a great time.

Just keep an eye out for some of those less than honest taxi drivers. Most are ok though :)