ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong Reveals He's Meeting With Ngannou This Weekend

https://www.mmanews.com/news/one-championship-ceo-chatri-sityodtong-reveals-hes-meeting-with-francis-ngannou-this-weekend

2 Likes

2 Likes

The MMA community is looking to see what former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou will do after leaving the company.

He decided to go after a failed negotiation with UFC, which included better rights for other UFC fighters. Since his departure, Ngannou has teased transitioning to professional boxing and challenging Tyson Fury or [Deontay Wilder](https://www.mman
While Ngannou is looking for boxing opportunities, other MMA companies want to sign him. Bellator President Scott Coker shared on Feb. 25 that they wanted to present a deal to have Ngannou compete in Bellator and Showtime Boxing. The former heavyweight champion has also had interest from the Professional Fighters League and Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, but hasn’t signed with anyone yet.

Chatri Sityodtong On Potentially Signing Francis Ngannou & Their Meeting

ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong has shared interest in signing Ngannou and revealed on the The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani on April 26 that they will meet in Los Angeles on April 29.

“…So Francis, we’ve been in discussions. You know, I like Francis. I think he brings a lot to the table,” Sityodtong said. "I think that he will have a tough time in our heavyweight division, to be very frank, which I’ve said publicly, and I think it’s a big challenge for Francis. When you look at a guy like Anatoly Malykhin, he’s 12-0. Was a former Russian National Team wrestler. One-punch KO power. He’s 12-0 with an 80 percent finish rate.

“That is a worst nightmare to face against a big striker like Ngannou, but at the same time, Francis has an x-factor. He’s a giant monster,” Sityodtong continued. “He has a bunch of offers on the table. He’s waiting on our final offer. We have given him, I don’t know my team did it, but I’m going to meet Francis this Saturday.”
While Sityodtong will try to give Ngannou an offer, he wants the deal to also be in the best interest of ONE Championship.

“…For sure, ONE can give him the biggest offer on the table out of all of his bids, but it has to work for him, and it has to work for us,” said Sitoydtong. When Helwani asked if Ngannou hurt his value by waiting to sign, Sitoydtong added, “I think there is going to be big news on Francis shortly, and I think he’s taking his time. From the few interactions I had with Francis, he’s very thoughtful and methodical, and careful, and in the same time, he’s a very principled man. That’s the one thing I’ve learned about him, he does things on principle, and a dollar here, a dollar there won’t sway him. It’s principles.”
Sitoydtong also believes that Ngannou can run through any heavyweight division in any company besides ONE Championship, a remark that could be seen as a negotiation tactic to get “The Predator” to want to sign with his company.

Regardless, Sitoydtong is confident that Ngannou will feel challenged in ONE Championship and looks forward to meeting with him on April 26.ews.com/news/deontay-wilder-makes-exciting-two-fight-offer-to-francis-ngannou-2). However, those fights haven’t come together, and it’s

1 Like

I Dont see it

3 Likes

Ngannou is a giant retard

5 Likes

Ok, this is kind of epic. It’s no secret that ONE partially tries to mold itself as a neo-PRIDE competitor of sorts. Not on the level of RIZIN, which has a direct lineage to PRIDE, but close enough for me and they even score the entirety of the fight like PRIDE and RIZIN did/do, so if Ngannou fights in ONE, I will definitely watch him waffle stomp some flabby obese bums in a Singaporean stadium somewhere, fuck it.

And yes, Francis is a confirmed fucking IDIOT as seen in that PBD interview. Still must watch television if you’re a fighter/fan.

2 Likes

So he’s not getting his boxing match because literally no one actually gives a shit about him other than a handful of mma fans?

4 Likes

Ah yes, the ONE HW division, now there is a HW division the MMA world can’t stop talking about.

ONE has FIVE of the top 100 ranked HW’s in the world and none of them have fought this year or even have a fight booked at the moment.

How many years has Bhullar been in ONE again? How many times has he actually fought for the promotion? Who does the guy think he is Jon Jones or Stipe?

2 Likes

PFL and ACA have twenty of the top 100 ranked HW’s and people don’t even care about them really.

Heck Bellator alone has sixteen of the top 100 ranked HW’s and people ignore it.

2 Likes

Just because Francis didnt want to suck dick he is an idiot :laughing: i bet he is set for life and aint sucker

1 Like

Francis still on his free fine dining tour

4 Likes

According to hardcoremma, sources close to Chatri Sityodtong have said his team was amazed to receive an email from Ngannou setting out his dinner requirements. Francis has allegedly asked to be served his meal over 75 courses, one for every dinner meeting he had with the UFC.

2 Likes

This

2 Likes

Brandon would open as a +3000 dog in an immediate title shot. Possibly the biggest dog in combat sports history. I’m sure he would love his chance though.

In equivalent news: Kabib signs with an unheralded D3 school on a full ride wrestling scholarship. More to come.

Not interested.

Can you imagine Francis post-fight having to act like ONE’s meager $50k bonus is life-changing to him?
“You just got fiiiiiifffftyyyyy thouuuuuuussaaaaaand dollaaaars.”
Francis proceeds to roll his eyes.

Brandon was beaten for the HW championship over 2yrs ago.

1 Like

And yet the man who beat him for the title, Bhullar, has not defended it a single time yet is still technically champ.

1 Like

Anatoly Malykhin KOed Grishenko last Feb to become the int. HW champ and he KOed Ridder in Dec to become the LHW champ. KOed Aliakbari before that.

Has done all that in the time Bhullar has gone 0-0 in ONE the past couple years.

12–0, ONE double champ.

Actually looking forward to what happens with his career and Buchecha’s as well, would not mind seeing them fight for the ONE title but thats the only ONE HW fight I’d care about anytime soon.

3 Likes

Na. Hes a man of principle and stupendous KO power.
Hed bang your grandmom while you sat on the stoop listening.

Floyd said he wants to work with him to box. I hope he does.
White mma fans and Cheal Sonnen would be so mad theyd shit in their britches with disdain