ONE Championship: ONE X Event

1 Like

1 Like

The return of Demetrious Johnson is now set for March 26.

ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong announced Wednesday on The MMA Hour that Johnson’s special rules fight against muay Thai star Rodtang Jitmuangnon is now scheduled to take place at the promotion’s upcoming ONE X event in Singapore. ONE X was originally scheduled for Dec. 5, 2021, but the event was postponed due to COVID-19 concerns in the region.

Sityodtong also confirmed that Eddie Alvarez, Shinya Aoki, and Sage Northcutt are expected to have fights on the card, though their bouts have not been finalized.

The March 26 event is expected to be ONE’s first event with full fan attendance since the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020.
Two other major bouts were announced for ONE X, with Angela Lee defending her atomweight title against multi-combat sports champion Stamp Fairtex in the main event, and Adriano Moraes defending his flyweight title against Yuya Wakamatsu. This will be Moraes’ first fight since his successful defense against Johnson this past April, a bout that Moraes won by second-round knockout.

Moraes is currently the No. 3 flyweight in MMA Fighting’s Global Rankings.

Johnson’s special rules bout against Rodtang will be comprised of four three-minute rounds alternating between muay Thai and MMA, beginning with muay Thai in Round 1. The competitors will wear four-ounce gloves.

Lee vs. Stamp pits two of ONE’s biggest stars against one another. Lee is the promotion’s reigning atomweight champion, while Stamp previously held ONE atomweight belts in both muay Thai and kickboxing. Stamp is 8-1 in MMA and earned her shot against Lee by winning the finals of an grand prix tournament in December.

ttt

1 Like

1 Like

ttt

Gary Tonon vs Thanh Le was supposed to be on the ONE X event too when it was still booked for December. Would like to know when that fight is gonna happen.

Hell when looking for an update on that fight I just came across this article in the damn fight has been talked about for ten months now…

This is from March…

[

Mar 2021

](ONE Championship: Christian Lee says Eddie Alvarez ‘can’t get a free ticket to the top’ | South China Morning Post)

No fight date has been set, according to Chatri, but the promotion is looking at June.

“All the things have to work out,” he said. “Hopefully Garry’s not injured, but the time, ideally it’s this summer, possibly June time frame is what I’m thinking right now.

“But I haven’t talked to Garry or Thanh Le about how their training is going, and whether they’re injured or not, so I still don’t have visibility there. But if they’re both healthy and ready to go, yeah, that’s the fight to make.”

Bump

God damn it,even the Japanese are having women as the Main Event.

Unfucking believable.

Franklin you cock sucker be a leader not a follower.

Shots Fired

Phooey,

Did you ever go to Medievil Times to eat?

No passed on that experience , too many other great straunts in OC

Their chicks are a lot better than almost every ufc chick.

Stamp Fairtex is a warrior.

Rooting for Stamp!

Angela Lee in the last interview I saw looked at least 2 weight classes above Stamp.

The ONE weigh ins for her seem shadier than a Private flight to Epsteins Island.

ttt

1 Like

1 Like