One Counter to The "Answering The Phone" Defense

Seems a little complicated relative to what's still there imo... You can lower your head to their shoulder a little then pull their hand away from their head for an americana....

or you you do a variation of the arm triangle by just driving your shoulder into their neck.

In both cases you're not really doing any transitional movement.

Meatgrinder -

Seems a little complicated relative to what's still there imo... You can lower your head to their shoulder a little then pull their hand away from their head for an americana....

or you you do a variation of the arm triangle by just driving your shoulder into their neck.

I like both of those options bud. But you know how it is. Sometimes that arm is too tight to be peeled away for an Americana and you just weren't able to overpower their frame when u drive in. Not saying this has to be the response. But I've found it fruitful. :-)

The Principal -

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you buddy!

BJJUke - 
Meatgrinder -

I like both of those options bud. But you know how it is. Sometimes that arm is too tight to be peeled away for an Americana and you just weren't able to overpower their frame when u drive in. Not saying this has to be the response. But I've found it fruitful. :-)

I hear ya.

If you do an arm triangle correctly the answering-the-phone "defense" simply doesn't work at all.