One FC champ AOKI is greatest ever MMA lightweight

Gomi doesn't have 9 top 10 wins, and he slipped in a way Aoki never has. Shinya lost, then bounced back. He's 25-3 - Gomi has a slide at LW after his 2004-2006 run.

Fletch - 

Gomi doesn't have 9 top 10 wins, and he slipped in a way Aoki never has. Shinya lost, then bounced back. He's 25-3 - Gomi has a slide at LW after his 2004-2006 run.

Wrong on all counts. LOL at giving credit for Aoki for "bouncing back" when Gomi was #1 with a bullet TWICE in his career, something that Aoki hasn't done ONCE.

I fucking love aoki Phone Post 3.0

I have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, Aoki is a monster at LW. Yes, he's probably one of the best, if not the best grappler at LW or even P4P.

But his stand-up is horrible. He won his last 2 by going back to his bread and butter. The last 2 times he tried to bang, he got ktfo and then won a lackluster decision. And previous posts have already mentioned what happens if his takedowns get stuffed.

I honestly hope Shinya moves to the UFC so this debate can be settled. He's way too good for the level of competition in ONEFC. I don't think anyone there can stop his takedowns enough to force him to fight on the feet. Heath has done a good job with improving the wrestling of Evolve fighters.

I still would like to see BJ vs Shinya, or even Nate vs Shinya. Phone Post

He's a good grappler. Greatest Lightweight of All Time in MMA? I disagree. I hardly even consider him a mixed martial artist, and only because that's the sport he competes in. Phone Post

Im a fan of Aoki though, he's merciless on the ground. His stand up is kind of embarrassing to watch in my opinion. Makes me cringe, to be honest. Phone Post

You not not watch enough mma Phone Post 3.0

tres_equis_666 - 

I have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, Aoki is a monster at LW. Yes, he's probably one of the best, if not the best grappler at LW or even P4P.

But his stand-up is horrible. He won his last 2 by going back to his bread and butter. The last 2 times he tried to bang, he got ktfo and then won a lackluster decision. And previous posts have already mentioned what happens if his takedowns get stuffed.

I honestly hope Shinya moves to the UFC so this debate can be settled. He's way too good for the level of competition in ONEFC. I don't think anyone there can stop his takedowns enough to force him to fight on the feet. Heath has done a good job with improving the wrestling of Evolve fighters.

I still would like to see BJ vs Shinya, or even Nate vs Shinya. Phone Post

The debate has already been settled. Look at what happened against Melendez and Alvarez. Almost all the wins Aoki has racked up over the last few years (since he beat Melendez) have been against total no-hopers.

Sorry that should say "since he fought Melendez". Obviously he didn't beat him.

Aoki is a can Phone Post 3.0

The only thug great about aoki is his submission game,it's the best in mma but he needs to get his striking game up Phone Post

Lol thug I meant thing Phone Post

BJ Penn greatest MMA lightweight ever! Phone Post 3.0

Chris27 - No.

Bendo is on his way to being the GLOAT.
What's the L for? Phone Post 3.0

Melendez got a stand-up immediately......every single time it went to the ground.....which was the exact opposite of what happened in the henderson/shields fight.

Something was very wrong with the officiating at that event.

MasterofMartialArts -
Chris27 - No.

Bendo is on his way to being the GLOAT.
What's the L for? Phone Post 3.0

Lightweight Phone Post

Shiniya > Gilbert in a ring :-)  ner ner