One mystery solved! Anderson Silva money exists!

Prize purse + bonus + PPV cut = $6,000,000??!?

Wow! So the fabled Anderson Silva money myth is true!

Jon Jones must be sitting seriously pretty right now, and I'm thinking that is why Silva jumped the octagon to congratulate him. Jon Jones is the next in line to reap the Anderson Silva Money Train.

I'm sure Jones already has that AS money. He negotiated his current contract not too long ago and he had plenty of leverage.

When I saw that my first reaction is why doesn't the UFC promote that kind of information? Maybe it is confidential or there are non-disclosure agreements in place, but with all the hits they take on fighter pay, wouldn't they want to share what the PPV points equate to?

Even crazier when you transfer that into reals and what that gets Andy in Brazil. He probably buys a city with each payday.

I agree Smitty925, if the UFC made this info public there would be way less of a cray about how fighter pay sucks. However lets remember that this is Anderson Silva, the majority of fighters probably do not get any cut of PPV. I would say that once this becomes well known, it's gonna be a big sticking point for future negotiations for most fighter. They all are going to want this kind of deal.

I'm thinking this was a special one of a kind deal to lure Silva back.

Smitty925 - When I saw that my first reaction is why doesn't the UFC promote that kind of information? Maybe it is confidential or there are non-disclosure agreements in place, but with all the hits they take on fighter pay, wouldn't they want to share what the PPV points equate to?

Probably because it's private and the fighters don't want people knowing how much they make. Most normal people don't want everyone else knowing their private business. Especially when it comes to money.

well silva makes 6 mil and the undercard makes 16...people's head will explode if they say that. they already freak seeing any numbers

Dana white has mentioned in the past that the top 5 or so fighters make in the 5 millions range ... Phone Post 3.0