One of the best MMA bouts of all time

Having just re-watched Pride 24, Cold Fury 3, I forgot how good the bout between Dan Henderson and Big Nog was. Dan was up against it before the fight ever started being a late replacement and being 40+ pounds lighter then Big Nog. What a fight. Great Greco skills, submission attempt after submission attempt by Nog and every time the fighters were stood up, they landed nice shots and kept an active pace. The amazing submission escapes by Dan were mind boggling. If you haven't seen this fight, do yourself a favour.

Great fight, watched it on Best of Pride the other night. I absolutely love the way Nog set up the arm bar from mount to finish the fight - get the Americana grip, then when the opponent tries to defend by pulling his arm tight to his chest, push the arm all the way across and switch the straight arm bar. So simple, yet I had never seen anyone use this setup in mma before. (come to think of it, I don't think I've seen anyone use it since, although IIRC Rogerio used a very similar sequence to finish Henderson where he used a Kimura grip from side control to set up the straight arm bar.)

That was a great fight.It really shows how good Nog was.He has definately lost a step.

^How good Nog was and how much ticker Dan has

TheDigitalRuler - Great fight, watched it on Best of Pride the other night. I absolutely love the way Nog set up the arm bar from mount to finish the fight - get the Americana grip, then when the opponent tries to defend by pulling his arm tight to his chest, push the arm all the way across and switch the straight arm bar. So simple, yet I had never seen anyone use this setup in mma before. (come to think of it, I don't think I've seen anyone use it since, although IIRC Rogerio used a very similar sequence to finish Henderson where he used a Kimura grip from side control to set up the straight arm bar.)

Relentless submission attempts. Dan would escape one attempt only to find himself in another then another...