Opinions of Cleber Luciano school??

Moving to the L.A. area soon....from what I can tell (so far) Clebers school is the closest to where il be living.

Looking for some opinions on his school especially in comparison to others maybe in the area.

Don't know about the school but he has reffed a few of my matches and seems to be a hell of a nice guy.

lots of skilled guys at cleber's
but you wont be in l.a

"but you wont be in l.a"

Ok southern California

10sense - "but you wont be in l.a"

Ok southern California

you will like the oc.when you get out here ,ck them all out
try and get 1 thats near you.traffic is a bitch

Cleber produces very high quality students.

I always seem to meet up with his guys in competition. Always super tough and great competitors. Nice guys, also.

Had a chance to get to know one of his purple belt students when he moved to the east coast for college - great attitude towards jiujitsu, tough as hell, and really technical. If I ever moved out there, it would be enough of an advertisement for me to join up there.

good coach to have in ur corner at a tourney

He's old school and badass. He's fought MMA and done very well. He still competes in the Pan Ams and wins.

He's got a lot of students, and I'm sure it's a great place for straight BJJ. I don't think you ever hear anything bad about him or his students.

sounds like your going to be in the HB area, tons of schools around there

you have countless Barra schools, not to mention the american HQ in Lake Forest; w/ Marcio Feitosa & Carlos Gracie Jr.

Irvine has the Main HQ for BTT, Murilo Bustamante, not to mention darryl gholar teaches wrestling...plus other BB's

Bruno Paulista, Erik Paulson, Junior Gazze, Cleber, not to mention tons of other big time schools...check them all out; your basically moving to an area where there are tons of great schools everywhere in OC; just find what works for you & your schedule

and if you will be close to LA, then you have even more options... shawn williams/rickson/leozinho/10th planet/ect/ect/ect

nevermind!

<!--Session data-->

HB Punk in 3, 2, 1.

i believe he trained/trains there.

Cleber has lost a lot of students in the last year. Some have gone to Ace Jiu-Jitsu, a lot have gone to A-Team Jiu-Jitsu(my school), even Gracie Barra HB and GG. Check out other schools before u make a final decision. There is a reason why so many old school students have left him. Hope this helps. Peace!

I train at Clebers. Havent trained anywhere else so I'm sure im biased but I love it.

We have Cyborg and Cris Cyborg training with us regularly. Tito Ortiz just started working his BJJ with us and its not uncommon to see Werdum on the mats as well. Not to mention anywhere from 2 - 7 Black belts in addition to Cleber almost every night.

Two of Clebers black belts opened up Ace BJJ. Asa Fuller who will be in ADCC this year and Chris Tuie teach there. If you end up moving toward the Fountain Valley area they are a great option as well.

If you end up in the Costa Mesa area another Cleber Black Belt is Chewy Ibarra who won his division at the Mundials last year teaches BJJ at OC Kickboxing.

Also, as Bigmello metioned A-team BJJ is in Westminister. Ali runs that school and while i dont care for Ali much his BJJ is very, very good. He is also great with kids, if you have any. Ali no longer has any affiliation with Cleber BJJ.

ohmy23 - sounds like your going to be in the HB area, tons of schools around there

you have countless Barra schools, not to mention the american HQ in Lake Forest; w/ Marcio Feitosa & Carlos Gracie Jr.

Irvine has the Main HQ for BTT, Murilo Bustamante, not to mention darryl gholar teaches wrestling...plus other BB's

Bruno Paulista, Erik Paulson, Junior Gazze, Cleber, not to mention tons of other big time schools...check them all out; your basically moving to an area where there are tons of great schools everywhere in OC; just find what works for you & your schedule

and if you will be close to LA, then you have even more options... shawn williams/rickson/leozinho/10th planet/ect/ect/ect

Actually, Leo Vieira doesn't teach there anymore. Now, it's Lucas Leite running both the La Habra and Upland schools.

As for Bigmello, he is a great guy with very very technical BJJ. I think he is an asset to the area and his guys are getting good fast.

Hey Huntington Beach, thanks for compliment on my bjj. I appreciate it. And hopefully someday I can change your opinion of ME. Good luck with training!

Ali

Hey Kevin, I can't wait for your school to open! A-team supports you 100% and I will try to be there at least once a week to train. Can't wait for Leandro. Also we have one new sweep and choke to share. Secrets! peace!

ps where are my DVD's?

I second Ali's academy. I dropped by with Kevin H and Andre Galvao after hours to train and Ali was just super accomodating and friendly. His academy was clean, with large mat space and Ali is great on the mat. Not a shred of ego from what I saw, don't know why anyone would hate.

Never been to his LA schools, but I’ve gone to an affiliate school in Visalia taught by one of his brown belts, Tom Knox.

If anyone is in the Visalia area I recommend hit’n up that school. The few times I have gone, Tom and crew have been very accommodating to me. The warm ups alone kick my butt! The techniques are very Judo/Jiu Jitsu influenced, perfect school to complement my mentor's style, Dave Camarillo, I might add. Tom does a great job explaining technique, you can feel his appreciation for the art. Gotta mention he has a pretty tough team too.