Over/Under: 2 more elite guys caught 4 PEDs in '15

"Zuff could decide not to pay for all these tests, which I would imagine are expensive. "

How would they possibly publicly justify that?

"LMAO @ the OP getting his answer in less than a week!"

lol, classic

Shmigly - 
Shmigly - I honestly don't understand how hector lombard has not been caught yet. His stats defy research on what the maximum muscle weight held naturally by a person of his height can possibly be his FFMI is 29.44 or so with most naturals never getting above 25 and the highest ever rating being 28

Well looks like i'm a wizard, ty for the votedowns nuthuggers

Dude, I was just talking you up on another thread saying someone had said this just a day or two ago and was now proven right but I couldn't remember the thread! Now I know it was you.

I've VU'd you! You called it man!

orcus - "Zuff could decide not to pay for all these tests, which I would imagine are expensive. "

How would they possibly publicly justify that?

"LMAO @ the OP getting his answer in less than a week!"

lol, classic

lol at people not understanding that Over/Under 2 does not equal 2. classic.

And that's if you actually count Fitch at "elite" as he isn't even in many MMA site's top 10 right now, yet alone top 3, which I stated was the criteria.

Although, yes over 2 will likely be proven in the not too distant future.

What makes you think the out of meet testing will stick around?

ZUFFA just essentially walked away from it and is "leaving it to the commission". We'll have to see what that means.

If it continues, this will be a depressing year for MMA fans. Phone Post 3.0

Shmigly - I honestly don't understand how hector lombard has not been caught yet. His stats defy research on what the maximum muscle weight held naturally by a person of his height can possibly be his FFMI is 29.44 or so with most naturals never getting above 25 and the highest ever rating being 28
VTFU Phone Post 3.0

Could be over I could see

Jacare
Rumble
Cain (epo)
Hendricks
Dos Anjos
Mendes
Barao

All getting popped Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Top 3 in each division, I'd take the under. Top 10, Id take over. Top 5 is a push Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Shmigly - I honestly don't understand how hector lombard has not been caught yet. His stats defy research on what the maximum muscle weight held naturally by a person of his height can possibly be his FFMI is 29.44 or so with most naturals never getting above 25 and the highest ever rating being 28

Anyone else do you have the drop on anyone else. who else do you feel has unnaturally high FFMI

underthebag - 

Anyone else do you have the drop on anyone else. who else do you feel has unnaturally high FFMI

I have suspicions about certain fighters, but none that i have raw stats on that i can confidently say without a shadow of a doubt like I could with Lombard. Lombard was an easy pick because of his sheer volume of LBM being inconsistent with natural athletes, there aren't many guys that are short and very stocky whilst being shredded still in MMA (think the sherk style physique), it's more about the "look" that someone has to be able to pick them out in a line up.

General rule of thumb is if they look considerably more muscular or cut at 35 than they did at 25, they are getting some help. If someone is completely peeled and shredded whilst their muscles are looking full and big that doesn't really happen naturally.

Pick two only:
Natural
Heavily Muscular
Shredded

Using synthetic testosterone and anabolics don't necessarily mean being large muscular and shredded but those attributes are basically impossible at the same time without use.

Check out pictures of ACTUAL natural bodybuilders (not guys in untested shows) and then compare them to your average middleweight ufc fighter, realise that bodybuilding is that persons whole life whilst strength and conditioning is a much smaller part of an MMA fighters life and you can easily understand who is natural and who is not.

Sorry for the wall of text but it's a subject i've looked into very heavily, I have friends that use thousands of dollars worth of bodybuilding drugs and i personally use small amounts :)

Thingading - What is your guess? Mid level to below guys don't count for this question, as I'm sure some of them will pop hot, too.

The year is young and these out of competition drug tests aren't going away. They've already proven they will go after anyone, including someone the level of Andy.

So, over or under that 2 more top level guys (will qualify this as top 3 in their weight division) will pop hot for PEDs this year?

Something tells me Andy won't be the last. These guys haven't seem to have gotten it quite yet. Maybe by next year if more guys get busted.

I thought Dana said something recently about stopping random testing.

My guess is Lawler and/or Romero get popped this year. Phone Post 3.0

They say that 25 is the cut off point on the FFMI for naturals. There's a video on YouTube of GSP getting his body fat tested in the Bod Pod. He's at 7%. I remember typing in his stats (height,weight,BF) into the calculator and he came out at 25.6 or so.

Still though, having grown up playing rugby seriously throughout school/college, I know that genetic freaks do exist. My younger brother is a professional player and he's big and ripped, naturally. Phone Post 3.0