Over/under pass - preventing the inverted triangle

Does anybody know any good ways to avoid getting caught in the inverted triangle (bottom side control triangle à la Braulio) when passing with an underhook on the far leg? I have a training partner who just relentlessly pushes my head until he can catch my head and arm between his legs. I know how to escape the triangle before he can adjust and finish properly, but I'd rather not get caught in the first place ...

Thanks a lot for the input, appreciate it. You're probably right about not choosing that pass against a guy who's great at the inverted triangle, I just happen to like that triangle myself, as well as the over/under pass, so I'm interested in these tiny details in order to make both techniques more reliable.

your head position should be more on the hip or up and you need to control the far hip more.

One answer is to use your knee to keep his leg (on the side that you're passing to) from being able to raise up to lock a triangle.

The best answer, imo, is to maintain your grips. Like most positions in BJJ, if they can't break your grips (on their pants in this case) then they can't make their next move.

AlliancePA - One answer is to use your knee to keep his leg (on the side that you're passing to) from being able to raise up to lock a triangle.

I think you might be picturing a slightly different over/under pass than the one I'm talking about. Or I'm just retarded and can't relate to the explanation. Either way, this is the pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8zZ7mkZw4

The best answer, imo, is to maintain your grips. Like most positions in BJJ, if they can't break your grips (on their pants in this case) then they can't make their next move.

Sound advice, but I use this as a no gi pass, so that's gonna be a little bit problematic.