Overhand right advice.

Happiness Bunny - Uppercuts are my best friend =]
This is the approach. Shorter fighters land overhands from a cleaner angle to the chin. As a taller fighter, I'd train the overhands as a safe solid shot,feints of which setting up uppercuts. Phone Post 3.0

The trick , as I have learned, is to feint or throw a low kick with your opposing leg. Ie if your right handed throw a lk. This sets your oppenent in a position where his guard is now the furthest point at which to defend against your overhand right. Phone Post 3.0

GladiatorGannon - 
Happiness Bunny - As a tall guy with a long reach the Fedor, Roy Nelson or hendo overhand right is way too telegraphed for me. A little too windmilly for me.

I can land the classic boxing overhand, the one that you kick up your elbow and throw it as more of a downward cross. Not as much power as I hoped for but it is as accurate as hell. Slips around the big gloves well.

Any long armed punchers have any advice on the overhand? I want to get more loop and power behind it but not telegraph it.

Set up with a body jab (a la the Tim Witherspoon "Can Opener").

If you're genuinely tall, also often be trying to clip him in the top corner of his head (temple) or behind his gloves if he's reaching forward too much.

Time it for sometime his hand is just a couple of inches too low. That extra split second really lets you go over the top.

For the motion of the actual punch....experiment with exagerating your own head movement with the punch, see what kind of angles it gives you (offensively and defensively)

Yours is advice I will take.

Thank you everyone for all the tips. The punch is improving due to all the information here.

This is why I stick around the ug

DanTheWolfman - Also, lead uppercut to overhand Vovchanchyn sty1e
I think you missed the bit about the Fedor/Roy/Hendo overhand. As much as we love Igor he falls into the same category. Phone Post 3.0