Owner claims Gym Rescue ruined gym

Also, what is Frank talking about with he's all about beating the heck out of people as his first priority.

I'm a big fan and watched his recent dodo and listened to him on a few podcasts recently and the story he gives is that he no longer teaches or even trains himself.

grimer - I understand why Frank is doing this but Randy...Randy was a broadcaster on Fox Sports for christs sake. What the hell was he thinking leaving that gig for some shitty Ultimate Fighter knockoff and this shite?

To think there was a time when Randy was pretty much the most beloved figure in MMA. It's a shame, it really is.
This exactly what I said when I saw the previews for the show...what an idiot. Phone Post 3.0

tenchu - Sounds like this gym owner needs to go on another reality show called "To Catch a Contractor" (Adam Carolla show on Spike, I think).

They should do a show called "To Catch A BlackBelt" and bust guys with fake martial arts credentials. I would definitely tune in.

grimer - I understand why Frank is doing this but Randy...Randy was a broadcaster on Fox Sports for christs sake. What the hell was he thinking leaving that gig for some shitty Ultimate Fighter knockoff and this shite?

To think there was a time when Randy was pretty much the most beloved figure in MMA. It's a shame, it really is.
Randy needs some better advisors. He rarely makes an intelligent decision. Phone Post 3.0

Herman Munster - 
12SixElbow - 

Have Couture or Shamrock ever run a successful gym?

Xtreme Couture doesn't make any money, all his satelite locations closed. 

I'm unsure about Frank's gym situation. 

Xtreme Couture is the ultimate bust. The irony of him doing a gym rescue show is really quite something.

and to think not too many years ago, it was THE gym to train in Vegas.

Jack_Bauer -
tenchu - Sounds like this gym owner needs to go on another reality show called "To Catch a Contractor" (Adam Carolla show on Spike, I think).

They should do a show called "To Catch A BlackBelt" and bust guys with fake martial arts credentials. I would definitely tune in.

This idea. I like it. Phone Post 3.0

Farthammer - A) You were on a show called "Gym Rescue", implying your gym needed rescuing.

B) You were on a reality tv show and agreed to producers' demands and manipulations, thereby negating any complaints

C)From the side, you look like H. Jon Benjamin, the voice of Archer and Bob's Burgers.

Check and mate. Now king me.
Don't forget Coach Mcguirk. His best voice role by far (but much less known). Phone Post 3.0

Sub good read. Phone Post 3.0

SERIOUSLY, page 3 and no Photoshop of the wife????!!!!!

Wtf Phone Post 3.0

From what I remember XC had it's fall from grace when "THE COACH" Shawn Tompkins left.

RIP

MexyCant - LOL at people saying Xtreme Couture is a bust

A) Not one person would ever walk right in the front door and say this to one fighter's face at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas unless you want to catch a whoopin'

B) A lot of the top ammys and pros still are there. Their fighters and coaches are respected by all the top promotions, especially in Las Vegas

C) Gym is always busy so someone is making money

LOL at people saying Xtreme Couture is a bust

Its successful? How many Xtreme Couture gyms were there a few yearsd ago and how many are left now?

A) Not one person would ever walk right in the front door and say this to one fighter's face at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas unless you want to catch a whoopin'

That XC is a bust? I would if I lived in Vegas. Someones gonna beat me up? Who's left?

B) A lot of the top ammys and pros still are there. Their fighters and coaches are respected by all the top promotions, especially in Las Vegas

Which pro fighters and respected trainers are still there?

Of course, it is:)

Cindy

andre - Frank shamrock is one of the worst people in mma IMO. Phone Post 3.0

The guy who helped carry the UFC during the dark ages and helped put Strikeforce on the map is one of the worst people?! Can you explain that?

I understand the humor at Randy and Frank's expense for the Randy dancing gif or for something Frank has said. However a lot of the excessive hate stems from the fact that they are no longer a part of the UFC. They are probably the only two who were able to walk away from the UFC and were intelligent enough to build their brand. Frank and Randy are businessmen now so they will be a part of various hit or miss projects but they had great careers in MMA.

For all of you that hate Frank and Randy what do you think of Dana White?

Galanis - 
Fed - 

^this

lol @ all the keyboard gym masters trying to give xtreme couture LV shit

You are both 14ers who know nothing and it shows

From like Around 2007-9, Xtreme Couture was the most famous gym in all of American MMA. It even had a clothing line worn by MILLIONS of people (from Affliction) who didn't even know what the hell Xtreme Couture was. Randy's gym attracted a team of ridiculous top fighters - many current and former champions. Coaches who used to be world champions too and coached guys at the highest level.

Obviously you didn't watch MMA back then or you'd understand the fall from grace Xtreme Couture has suffered. Randy opened many extension gyms, how many are still open now other than LV? And let me ask you this, because this is really what it all comes down to:

How many of the top, champion fighters and coaches who were with Xtreme Couture in 2008 are still there, or have anything good to say about it at all? Not only did nearly ALL top fighters leave en masse, so did the original coaches who made the place special.

Yeah it's still busy as a regular MMA gym but that means nothing. It went from being a huge brand to just an MMA gym. There's a lot of factors I'm sure, like Kim and Randy's whole thing.. but no matter what, both of your statements make no sense.

Why does telling the truth and elaborating on the business side of a gym = keyboard warrior? It's a fact, by numbers and everything else, that XC is failing compared to a few years ago and the quality of the gym and fighters on the team gone wayyyy down. That doesn't mean someone is a keyboard warrior or is trying to pick a fight. Instead of posting so much, why don't you lurk more and learn a little bit. It'll do you some good, because right now, you 2 are already some of the least informed, more stupid posters on here.

This guy gets it. Voted up.

Cindy

Herman Munster - 
12SixElbow - 

Have Couture or Shamrock ever run a successful gym?

Xtreme Couture doesn't make any money, all his satelite locations closed. 

I'm unsure about Frank's gym situation. 

Xtreme Couture is the ultimate bust. The irony of him doing a gym rescue show is really quite something.

Exactly.

He had 8 - 10 gyms, most of them HUUUUGE in size, 20k+ square feet, overpriced, and odd marketing.

They all closed I beleive, just the vegas gym remains? Which isn't a money maker.

A) that has nothing to do with it from a business aspect

B) again, nothing to do with making money

C) "busy" has nothing to do with being in the black/red. Have you ever run a company? Companies doing hundreds of millions of dollars shut down, you think because the gym looks "busy" its making money? Fuck I really hope you don't invest, in anything, ever.

Everyone knows that when Kim left Xtreme Couture, it was downfall of his gym.

thegreenroom - Why did frank have the wife's number to begin with? Phone Post 3.0
Boom, this. Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom - 
thegreenroom - Why did frank have the wife's number to begin with? Phone Post 3.0
Boom, this. Phone Post 3.0

I'm thinking she and Frank could have exchanged numbers if she's a main go to person at her husbands gym, and the numbers were exchanged because they were planning out how this reality tv show would play/ shooting ideas back and forth

One possibility

BlueDream - Everyone knows that when Kim left Xtreme Couture, it was downfall of his gym.

Funny as it sounds, I've heard exactly that from former members.  That gym was her baby and Randy wasn't that involved, when she left things started to fall apart.

From everything I've heard about Randy, from people who have done business with him, you don't want to do business with him. Phone Post 3.0