Palhares = Not nice

Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

he felt Pierce's tap on his legs and thought Pierce was still hitting him.  That's why, he didn't let go. right??

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
kingkoopa -
Affliction Blackbelt - Pierce: *tapping*

Palhares: *ah he's striking me, better crank harder*

LMFAO!!!

That shit sucks but can you really hate on a guy when there are pkenty of fake tap cases or shit like lindland vs busta Phone Post

Fake tapping or pretending you didnt tap if the ref missed it has been going on for decades. It happened to PaulHarris at least once as well. Phone Post

Exactly Phone Post

Yun -
Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

he felt Pierce's tap on his legs and thought Pierce was still hitting him.  That's why, he didn't let go. right??

He didnt let go because those are the INSTRUCTIONS from the refs. You let go when the ref steps in, not when a fighter taps. Phone Post

Paul looks down didnt see ref. If he saw him diving in he could release 2-3 secs earlier.
Ref has a strange angle to dive in.
Although i am a fan of paul he Still could release a bit earlier.
Still i dont understand grown up people askimg for a guy to have his job taken away from him.
50 Gs is a hard punishment already, paul dies not have anderson silva money.

Didnt see the match but could pierce walk normal or were ligaments shred to fack? Phone Post 3.0

I hope the same guys pissed about Paul Harris are pissed about Henderson-Bisping too. Phone Post 3.0

Cut his ass. Don't stop there. Blackball this dude from the sport. He can't control himself, he shouldnt be allowed to even train. Phone Post

pretty shitty

Thunderhorse - I would almost never suggest a cut but IMO this is much worse than Babalu/Heath. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly, this was wayyyyyy worse, and could have fucked up Pierces career, even after he was tapping; and Torquino has a long history of this shit. Has to have the fuckin ref pull him off, He knows exactly what he's doing, everyone in the grappling community knows this shit too cuz he does it in tournaments too Phone Post 3.0

Black-Belt-in-Mexican-Karate -

BUWHAHAH Phone Post 3.0

He tapped Palhares' leg long before the ref got there! Palhares should be fined and cut. He has done this before and has even been subjected to anger management classes in be past!
If the guy doesn't tap hold the submission and make him pay but this is ridiculous. What he is doing is malicious obedience!

Maybe the next time Palhares gets knocked out the ref should turn his head for a second and let someone place a few extra FLYING DAN HENDOS! Phone Post 3.0

djsolar36 - 

The above, plus I would bet it's somewhat intentional. Put that fear in guys that they're risking their knees every time they step in with him. Not saying it's right, but no different than how brutal strikers like Wand used to not just beat guys but scar them up. Try to leverage that fear against future opponents. Phone Post

Whether or not it's intentional, it certainly has that effect. If Harris gets a hold of your leg, you better start tapping immediately and hope the ref gets there in time to pull him off, and even then there's no guarantee your leg is staying in one piece.

Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.
There's not many more debilitating submissions than a leg-lock held past the tap, and no body respects the guy that does that.
Sure, you can argue that the fighter doesn't have to let go till the ref jumps in, but there's such a thing as 'honor'. He had Pierce's legs wrapped up and wasn't in danger of loosing the position, and Pierce was tapping like crazy.
You don't have to fling your arms up and let go of everything after one tap, but when someone is obviously tapping like crazy to the submission everyone was expecting, at least stop cranking it after 3+ taps!!! There wasn't a chance in hell that Pierce would have pulled his leg out and kept fighting after those first 3.5 taps!
Even Cecil Peoples saw that he tapped out!!!
You can clearly see while the ref is holding the leg, PaulHarris cranks it just a bit further before he lets go. How can anyone justify that?!
This is a sport, with rules to protect competitors, and if a competitor disregards that many obvious taps, and potentially ends someone's ability to compete again, they should be banned from any competition.

Taz - 
Black-Belt-in-Mexican-Karate -

BUWHAHAH Phone Post 3.0

lmao

PsychoPatt - Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.
There's not many more debilitating submissions than a leg-lock held past the tap, and no body respects the guy that does that.
Sure, you can argue that the fighter doesn't have to let go till the ref jumps in, but there's such a thing as 'honor'. He had Pierce's legs wrapped up and wasn't in danger of loosing the position, and Pierce was tapping like crazy.
You don't have to fling your arms up and let go of everything after one tap, but when someone is obviously tapping like crazy to the submission everyone was expecting, at least stop cranking it after 3+ taps!!! There wasn't a chance in hell that Pierce would have pulled his leg out and kept fighting after those first 3.5 taps!
You can clearly see while the ref is holding the leg, PaulHarris cranks it just a bit further before he lets go. How can anyone justify that?!
This is a sport, with rules to protect competitors, and if a competitor disregards that many obvious taps, and potentially ends someone's ability to compete again, they should be banned from any competition.

Voted UP for a very good post every 1.5 years.

I came to see if we could break out the Paul Harris meme again. Glad to see it has already begun. Makes me sad to see so much wasted potential in a guy who just can't quite seem to figure it out. And as previously stated, huge props to Belcher.

ShawnTheBadger - 
PsychoPatt - Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.

Voted UP for a very good post every 1.5 years.

Well thankyou kind sir. I'll make sure to return your vote up when I log on again in mid-2015!

lol shawn. vu both you fuggs