Palhares = Not nice

Should be fucking fined Phone Post 3.0

I'm not gonna lie that I find the thread title a little bit funny given the thread starter's screen name.

Slowshot - I'm not gonna lie that I find the thread title a little bit funny given the thread starter's screen name.

Ohhh

Hes held it longer in the past.

Hes learning to let go Phone Post

He should be cut.

Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

If the ref is grabbing both of you, that means it's over homie

I would almost never suggest a cut but IMO this is much worse than Babalu/Heath. Phone Post 3.0

And if it was the first time I might feel differently. Phone Post 3.0

Its an in the moment thing...adrenaline ext... Phone Post

Pierce tapped Pauls leg 3 or 4 times in that gif, Its stuff like this why I enjoy seeing Paul Harris get KTFO

If Pierce is hurt, that might warrant a cut.

The "he's too dumb" or "he has so much adrenaline" thing doesn't work for me.

Hanging on until the ref has to damn near punch you to get you to release the hold is unnecessary but (I guess) harmless if you don't actually hurt the guy. But if that's a spiral fracture or a torn ACL, then I've got a real problem with it. Phone Post 3.0

God told him to let go, not the ref Phone Post

Did the ref use his head to try to break Palhares' grip on the leg? Looked like he did to me.

Inexcusable Phone Post 3.0

When you have been in the game that long you know exactly what a tap on your leg feels like, and it doesn't feel like a strike.  IMO he should be cut from the UFC, this isnt the first time he has done that.

Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

He tapped before the ref got there are you joking?

Danger Dave - Did the ref use his head to try to break Palhares' grip on the leg? Looked like he did to me.

Yeah, looks like he pushed his head against his arm to pry it loose Phone Post

He might be a bit special but he's one of the few submission guys that generates real fear in his opponents. No one's thinking they can just tap if they get caught. Phone Post 3.0

these refs need some defensive submission training! whenever they try to stop someone who is holding onto a submission to long they just randomly grab and hug and generally have no idea how to actually force the person to let go. The ref should of been grabbing paul harris's arms or wrists trying to pry him off pierce's leg.

also obviously fighters should let go when he other guy taps.. but sometimes these things happen in mma.