Passing inverted guard?

This is the bane of my existence.. Anyone have any tips? I'm trying to control the feet, but usually end up getting triangled.

TTT

I actually play inverted guard a lot; so I'll tell you if you promise to never use it on me if we ever end up meeting in an advanced/expert competition... I'll assume you agree.

If a person is inverted feet and head facing you a strong strategy is to remain on two knees and wedge both your hands on the inside of his two legs... Your objective is almost to body lock him, not literally but you want your hands deep grabbing his back or checking his hips by using the mat.

During this process sprawl (in the sense of putting your hips to the mat, not a jumping sprawl) to one side and slowly wedge yourself down on your opponent. When you're checking their hips and sprawled completely you will likely be able to clear the leg and have a dominant side control.

It is important to understand the concept, you want no space and keep your elbows tight to your body to avoid the triangles. IMO it isn't a strong choice to attack this position from the feet as many people who play it are also strong leg/foot lockers.

Hope it helps.

If I ever meet you in the expert division, I'll feel awfully out of place. Eternal white belt here :)

So - I'm trying to keep both haands tight and tucked between both legs, and controlling the hips where possible (like posturing in normal guard??) - From there keep the hands tight in on his sides (ribs) and slowly sprawl to one side of his body? From there keep edging til I get side control?

This sound right?

Yes; also a little advanced but i like to use my forehead/head a lot in rolling so in this case as i'd put my hands in i'd lower my head and put it in his/her stomach to use it to drive them over.

Also try and keep your knees in between both their legs too, you don't want them to go 2 on 1 attacking your leg.

Ok thanks - Will give it a shot and let you know how I get on.

PUNCH GRILL

Throw him harder...

Wovito - You can also defend your opponent's grip and not let him grab your gi sleeve. If he does, use the hand he has controlled to grab his controlling hand and break the grip. Add some forward pressure to this concept. That's always worked for me.

Sorry, this is no-gi.

TrainBJJ - Throw him harder...

Yes sir.

Well if you're getting triangled your first step needs to be standing up. From there you can explore all sorts of different ways for defeating the inverted guard. Are we talking inverted gi or inverted no gi?

Needc0ck -  Stomp the face

think he tried that one.

pics of inverted guard?

also does anyone have any idea where i can find instructionals on no gi inverted guard?

THP - Well if you're getting triangled your first step needs to be standing up. From there you can explore all sorts of different ways for defeating the inverted guard. Are we talking inverted gi or inverted no gi?

I've tried standing, but I have to attack it at some point. Can't stay standing.

Punchie - also does anyone have any idea where i can find instructionals on no gi inverted guard?

Nobody answer this question. This is the bastard that keeps triangling me.

grab his ankles,
pull them to you util he is face down
take his back

apparently you're not being violent enough

T-bag?

Needc0ck -  Stomp the face

cartwheel pass......

cartwheel pass is epic fail, i tried.