Pat Barry Punches Brock hard in the Face

Awesome interview, thanks

lgi - Brock has a solid chin; the problem is his reaction to getting hit. He should be focusing on his awareness and his ability to act under pressure.

I've been saying this since the Mir fight, his chin is ridiculous, borderline Hendo of the HW division.  Problem is he spazzes out when he gets hit, if he can learn how to react better to getting hit he's going to wreck the HW division.  The shots he took from Carwin, Mir and Velazquez would have put any other HW to sleep (besides Big Country, forgot about him).  Glad to hear Barry is working specifically on this issue.  Now I'm wondering if Brock is going to cut him loose, you know how Lesnar loves a confidential training camp....

ttt

RickMartelsArrogance - 
orcus - 
Phisher - 
orcus -  Finally that stupid, ENTIRELY unsubstantiated rumor that has been repeated in thread after thread after thread, can be laid to rest.

Part of the reason that said rumor spread was the fact that respect members of the MMA community like Bas (the same guy who's gotten a lot of people on this forum to turn on Overeem with one interview) kept claiming that they had the inside scoop on what was going on in Lesnar's training camp and that nobody was allowed to punch him in the face.<br type="_moz" />
No, Bas said that based on what he saw in the Cain and Carwin fights, Brock either wasn't getting hit in training, or he is just not cut out for MMA. He said he asked Barry but of course Barry was under an NDA and couldn't talk about the training.

Everyone ran with that as "omg confirmed Brock doesn't let anyone hit him in training".

Skip to 5:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MVOUu2vf-I&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

"Literally nobody is allowed to hit him in training."

Yes, and if you listen to the whole thing, you can see that Bas was speaking 100% from his own speculation. In fact the very next sentence after your quote is "I'm pretty sure that's a rule, because if it's not, then he just has no talent in MMA."

Bas speculated as to why Brock did not react well to the punches, and the entire UG took this as confirmation that no one was allowed to punch him in training, even though Bas has never seen Brock training or been told by anyone who trains with Brock that punches are not allowed.

I knew this shit was bs anyways. Anyone seen the gif of Eric Prindle and Brock sparring and clobbering each other(well more Brock clobbering Prindle).

I have hit brock in training who came up with this stuff

Brock seemed like a better striker before he started properly training boxing with Peter Welch.

. Phone Post

"Yes, and if you listen to the whole thing, you can see that Bas was speaking 100% from his own speculation. In fact the very next sentence after your quote is "I'm pretty sure that's a rule, because if it's not, then he just has no talent in MMA.""

This just proves Bas is a gossip and a trash talker. Extremely strong words for just speculation. He is " sure" its a rule, and the only alternative is that Brock has no talent in MMA. Where does he get this rubbish? If Brock has no talent then how bad a fighter does that make Bas?

Ghengiseanie - 
antoniomontana - "Yes, and if you listen to the whole thing, you can see that Bas was speaking 100% from his own speculation. In fact the very next sentence after your quote is "I'm pretty sure that's a rule, because if it's not, then he just has no talent in MMA.""

This just proves Bas is a gossip and a trash talker. Extremely strong words for just speculation. He is " sure" its a rule, and the only alternative is that Brock has no talent in MMA. Where does he get this rubbish? If Brock has no talent then how bad a fighter does that make Bas?

That doesnt follow, Bas with jacked knees would probably handle brock.

No chance Bas could beat Brock at anytime in his career. I would be shocked by you believing otherwise, but I am aware of the hero worship Bas has on this forum.

lol @ Bas beating Brock, Bas doesn't have a lick of takedown defense and never has.

Barry is the man.

orcus -  Finally that stupid, ENTIRELY unsubstantiated rumor that has been repeated in thread after thread after thread, can be laid to rest.

Hey, aren't you the guy who flew to Japan, went to a PRIDE event, just to yell shit at Fedor from your seat as he attempted to speak after winning his fight ?

can you imagine Lesnar with no fear of punches? He would be like Kevin Nash in the Punisher movie lol

SKARHEAD - 

Hey, aren't you the guy who flew to Japan, went to a PRIDE event, just to yell shit at Fedor from your seat as he attempted to speak after winning his fight ?

Clever tie-in, props.

Phisher - 

Part of the reason that said rumor spread was the fact that respect members of the MMA community like Bas (the same guy who's gotten a lot of people on this forum to turn on Overeem with one interview) kept claiming that they had the inside scoop on what was going on in Lesnar's training camp and that nobody was allowed to punch him in the face.

I love Bas, but the man is like a gossip-monger.
He has said things that have been proven to not be true before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2XScEzXkc
striking portion of his training starts at 2:20

EdTheGreat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2XScEzXkc

striking portion of his training starts at 2:20

mdh2k10 -  He incorporates them into brock's sprinting drills

Barry punches him -

and brock sprints 40 yards in the opposite direction

bashing?