Pat Curran = Bellator's Next Free Agent.

Chris27 - 
robnashville - 

if he came in under a standard contract then, when he won the tourney then the contract extended another 18 months or three fights, and then got the title it extended again...i know of several guys in bellator now that are in this same contractual hell.... unless you are/were an alvarez/ lombard coming in who had a  name or decent representation, then you got a shit contract that had these extenders... lombard wasn't that well-known when he signed with Bellator but had Kawa as his agent and Malki did a good job for him getting something other thant the bare bones basement deal..alvarez had a name and monte in his favor....most of their homegrown talent are truly fucked because they didn't have the baragaining power to get something better than the standard deal...

So what do you think, maybe another 2 years before he would be a free agent?

Cause I know they do extend the contract for tournament winners and runner ups and when you win the belt it gets extended 3 fights/18 months.

But you are right, Lombard/Eddie were early on in Bellator, Curran/Chandler, Askren were latter so they could have worse contracts.

i don't know their specific deals but i would imagine curran/chandler got standard deals..chandler did well at college wrestling but his signing didn't have any of the cache that Askren's did... Askren had a decent name coming in with his college wrestling exploits and to me he seems sharper than the average fighter so he may have been able to bargain a better deal.... i think the guys like daley, king mo, etc they have signed have enuff name value that they negotiated flat deals with no extenders...