Pat D'Aliso R.I.P.

My friend Pat D'Aliso who wrestled for Monroe-Woodbury High School in the Section 9 region of New York State commited suicide last night. Pat was an awesome wrestler who had a bright future. I was hanging out with Pat at the Section 9 Wrestling Chamionships a few months ago...I can't believe he's gone. I wrestle for Valley Central High School, I missed my senior year due to an automobile accident...so I saw Pat at alot at wrestling tournaments. He was a great guy and will be missed. Rest In Peace Pat.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2004/05/20/sidaliso.htm

"May 20, 2004
Wrestling champion dies at 16

By Sal Interdonato

Times Herald-Record sinterdonato@th-record.com

Central Valley – Grief counselors will be on hand today at Monroe-Woodbury High School to help students cope with the death of Pat D'Aliso, a popular Section 9 wrestling champion.

D'Aliso, 16, the son of long-time Monroe-Woodbury football coach Pat D'Aliso, died yesterday, a distraught faculty member confirmed.

"It's sad but true," the faculty member said, his voice cracking. "It's horrible. I can't believe it. He was amazing. He was an all-American. He was the greatest wrestler I've ever seen."

The cause of death was not made public. D'Aliso was well known and well liked in school and in the wrestling community that stretched from Monroe-Woodbury to Kingston. D'Aliso, who had an 81-24 career record, was respected by teammates and competitors.

"He was a good kid,'' said Kingston's Willis Freeman, who edged D'Aliso for the section Division I 160-pound title in February. "He just liked everyone. He talked to everyone at the tournaments. Pat was a great wrestler, a great competitor. He was so hungry."

High school faculty will meet before 7:15 a.m. today to discuss measures to cope with the death.

Monroe-Woodbury Superintendent Terrence Olivo encouraged students to attend school today. "We know they are much better off, emotionally and psychologically" by attending school in times of shared grief, Olivo said.

Support staff from other district school buildings will be at the high school today to assist with students' needs, Olivo said.

Word of D'Aliso's passing spread quickly throughout the community. Students on America Online exchanged instant messages mourning the death, said senior girls' lacrosse player Kimia Mousavi.

"This is just so unfortunate," Mousavi said. Many of the messages included three words: "Rest in Peace.''"

will pray for him and his family...

Sorry for your lost.

Theres never a good age to die but I feel dying young is even more shitty.

RIP

rip

I will pray for him, may God forgive him and let him be at peace.

rip

Sorry for the loss, may all who knew him have peace....

rip

RIP

RIP

I am sorry for your loss. It is very tragic.

RIP

RIP

Sorry, RIP!

when I used to take my protege Scrappy Bonilla we met Pat at most tourneys A real nice polite kid that always showed respect besides being an exceellent wrestler.He used to go to tourneys w Risslers a nice wrestling family.Very sad news RIP

RIP

VC u said u ddint wrestle this year cause u didnt want to and wanted to do BJJ Big mistake ur team was best n state.Cant believe hed commit suicide he was a sophmore,good looking kid that seemed to have everything going for him.Very sad news

Rest in Peace Pat D'Aliso

Winston Wolf...When the pre season training began I changed my mind about wrestling and decided to do it my senior year instead of BJJ. About a month before the season began I was in a car accident which really messed up my knees. I am fine now, and cuurently training in Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrestling with the Valley Central Youth Wrestling Club.

ok but i thought like a week before the season u were contemplating not wrestling and i busted ur balls about it (Im Daren ) Guess i had the timing wrong.U doing Empires ?