Pat Miletich fights Saturday

2 Likes

1 Like

Pat Miletich never intended to fight MMA again, especially after celebrating his 55th birthday this past March.

While he did compete in a kickboxing match back in 2020, it had been 15 years since Miletich last fought in the cage with his 2008 win over Thomas Denny. But on Saturday night at Caged Aggression in his home state of Iowa, the UFC Hall of Famer will dust off his gloves to clash with Mike Jackson in a grudge match between former friends.

According to Miletich, the fight became a necessity after he claims Jackson specifically targeted him with an article highlighting his attendance at the rally in Washington D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021, which erupted into the Capital riots. Shortly after that, Miletich was removed from a Legacy Fighting Alliance broadcast where he was supposed to serve as a color commentator. He ultimately split with the promotion.

The entire ordeal spiraled out of control until a promoter called Miletich and Jackson about settling their differences in the cage rather than a war of words online.

ā€œThe thing about me is, what [Mike] Jackson did, woke up one morning and decided he was going to write an article to attempt to destroy my life,ā€ Miletich told MMA Fighting. ā€œThis personal character assassination stuff, itā€™s part of cancel culture and itā€™s a troubling thing, someone would wake up in the morning just because of a difference of opinion and set out to destroy someoneā€™s life.ā€

Jackson denied playing any part in Miletich no longer working with LFA, much less instrumentally getting him fired, but the bad blood between them still led to a fight.

Whatever the reason, Miletich will now attempt to turn back the clock and defy the logic that time is the greatest enemy to any high-level athlete.

In the history of combat sports, fighters competing deep into their 40s have rarely resulted in much success, so Miletich will attempt to beat the odds when he fights at 55.
Miletich admits nothing came easy, especially as he started putting his body through the rigors of a training camp when he felt like that part of his life was already behind him.

ā€œI certainly started slow, trying to be smart about things, and Iā€™m still trying to be smart about things,ā€ Miletich said. ā€œI donā€™t train with reckless abandon like I did in my 20s. Specific things that Iā€™m doing, certain ways of training that limit your chances of getting injured.

ā€œI feel confident where Iā€™m at, about my power, my speed, my endurance, my grappling and my striking ability, all those things. You definitely donā€™t forget how to ride a bike. You might have a ramp up a little bit and it might be a bumpy ride.ā€

As much as Miletich wanted to give up at certain times during his preparation, he continued pushing forward with hopes that his dedication could serve as an inspiration to anybody being told theyā€™re too old to accomplish something.

ā€œThereā€™s been moments where I said this is an uphill battle,ā€ Miletich stated. ā€œBut it really comes down to just getting back up, and I guess itā€™s a lesson for me and hopefully a lesson for other people who have gotten a little bit older and donā€™t think theyā€™re capable of doing things. Iā€™m here to tell you that you are [capable].

ā€œIf you make a few tweaks, eat a little bit better and just keep going back, things will change. Luckily, Iā€™ve got support. My significant other has been very, very helpful with not only just watching what Iā€™m eating, but making suggestions on my training and things like that. You can do it. Thatā€™s my message to the guys who are in their 30s, 40s, 50s or even 60s, that if you just decide to put the right stuff in your body and put the work in, you can actually do a lot more than you realize you can.ā€

Of course, Miletich understands the odds may be against him as he gets ready to fight in his mid-50s.

Miletich knows that in his prime, Jackson probably wouldnā€™t even be in consideration as an opponent for him, much less as a threat capable of beating him. Perhaps his advanced age will even those odds on Saturday, but Miletich is still betting on himself to get the job done.

ā€œIf I was in my 20s, 30s, or even 40s, the conversation wouldnā€™t even be happening,ā€ Miletich said. ā€œBut because Iā€™m in my 50s, Mike Jackson says, literally his words verbatim are, ā€˜I will dog walk your old snow roach ass.ā€™ Thatā€™s how he feels. Thatā€™s his confidence level, so I guess the lesson needs to be taught.

ā€œObviously yes, Iā€™ve seen crazy upsets in my life. But I donā€™t believe he possesses the speed, power, or athleticism, any of those things to hurt me. Iā€™ve never lost consciousness. Iā€™ve never had symptoms of a concussion. While I may not be the smartest guy in the world, Iā€™ve never had the symptoms of a concussion, so that can tell you I have a pretty hard head. Itā€™s going to be awful tough for him to pull that off.ā€

2 Likes

@Bignightmare2

1 Like

mike jackson actually got pat fired from his pfl commentation gig
that mighta been what sent pat deep into alcoholism
i wanna see this fight so bad iā€™d almost buy the ppv

1 Like

Hopefully Pat has that old man strength and fucks Jackson upā€¦ Would love to see Jackson eating from a straw

4 Likes

Jackson gets so many of you so butthurt lol.

2 Likes

should be streaming now somewhere

Broadcasting LIVE at 7:30pm Central Standard Time each night!!

Select either 1 night for $45.95 (+$1 service fee) or BOTH NIGHTS for a discounted price!

LIVE PAY PER VIEW COMMENTATED BY THE ONE AND ONLY B.J. PENN, JASON ā€œBERMNASTYā€ BERMAS & JEFFERY WILSON

lol at $45

I donā€™t think there should be a commission.
If 2 men wanna fight and others wanna pay to watchā€¦
It shouldnā€™t be the governments business.
BUTā€¦ if a commission DOES existā€¦ then its main purpose should be to stop a man in his 50ā€™s from facing a man in his 30ā€™s.
Itā€™s no more fair than the UFC putting a bantamweight vs a heavyweight.
I donā€™t understand why a huge weight advantage isnā€™t ok but a huge age advantage is.

2 Likes

People around Pat should be ashamed of themselves

1 Like

Confident black men make conservative white men uncomfortable

I agree but like a previous poster itā€™s probably better for pat if he wrestles. You lose your reflexes, speed and chin before your ability to wrestle.

If Pat loses that 3/4 white faggot should have to fight Jake. They should have Jake already in the crowd so that pussy faggot is asked to fight him while his adrenaline is still sky high.

Jake would fight him for free

2 Likes

People dont realise what a mismatch this is. Pat was one of the best in the world. He was that good.

He cant compete with the A level at his age but he will beat Jackson.

Pat is the Dan Gable of mma. He has moves the younger guys havenā€™t even seen yet.

Pat takes this no problem.

3 Likes

Your virtue, I can see it! The shimmering pearlescent aurora!

1 Like

I dunnoā€¦sure looked like Jake Shields had Jackson pretty uncomfortable when they were pulling him off

2 Likes

weird i thought it was on last night
no wonder i couldnt find a stream
well pat looked good in his last fightā€¦ 15 years ago
hope hes still got it

lOOking Forward

Iā€™m hoping so. I do believe that Pat is probably correct that at best, Jackson probably doesnā€™t have the one shot KO power to actually take him out clean, certainly if Jacksonā€™s performance against a horrible CM Punk is any indication.

If thereā€™s one fight Pat probably could win at 55 years old, itā€™s probably this one.

Doesnā€™t mean he will, just means that itā€™s probably the best chance a 55 retired fighter has of beating anyone under the age of 40 who isnā€™t a pure amateur.

1 Like

Uh Huh Yes GIF