Pat Miletich vs BJ Penn!?

Lawler

ttt

I'd like to see this fight. I guess I'd pick BJ in
the fourth of fifth by sub, but i think Pat would
school him for the first two.

ttt

The "real Hughes" already got a shot at BJ and I'd rather not see an immediate rematch. I'd like to see the rematch down the road, but not right away.

Peter P

miletich is boring

Pat never got his rematch after owning the belt for so long, he let hughes step up and fight newton, ttt for Pat vs BJ

BJ would maul Pat. His next fight should be Lawler. Very exciting possibilites.

militech fougt some brazilian to a draw that was a really good fight...pat managed to avoid all the subs very well....however the brazilian broke contact alot...wha was that??????

jayu is correct. Now it's time for Pat to get a shot at the title he held for longer than anyone.

HumbleFighter20, I believe your thinking of Pat's dicion win over Jorge "Macaco" Patino.

For those people who say BJ would destroy Pat, I hope you don't mean standing. I could see BJ getting a sub victory over Pat, but Pat has the better standup IMO.

Peter P

Anytime I cant sleep, I put on a tape of Militech fighting and suddenly, the Sandman cometh :)

BORING....

Pat M. would keep it a boring "standup and run" fight and we would not get our money's worth. Pat is past his prime and wouldn't show us much.. Until BJ puts him on his ass. Robbie L. would be better, but he's not experienced enough yet. I wouldn't through him to the wolves just yet. Spratt showed that he can be flared down and beaten standing too. He hasn't shown much ground fighting just yet, so get your hopes to high.

Pat is one of the smartest fighters who has ever fought in MMA, in my opinion. He almost always had a strategy to win the fight and was always in top condition. A lot of people say he is boring, but a lot of those same people would probably get after him if he fought a more "exciting" fight and lost a lot. I would rather see a smart fighter execute his game and win than to try to be an entertainer and lose.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, that's just mine.

Respectfully:

Fred

"I want to fight Pat Miletich. I want to defend my title against the first champion, quite possibly the greatest champion of that time. Tito had Ken. Cabbage had Tank. Give me Pat. That's the fight I want next."

This is quoting BJ from a recent interview with FCFighter. I made this thread a couple of months ago and now BJ is saying he wants to fight Pat. To me this fight makes a lot of sense. Just like Ken and Tito made since and just like Cabbage and Tank made sense. People like to see if the old legend can beat the new star. We never thought we would see Pat get a chance to fight for his tilte again when Matt Hughes was so dominant. This would possibly be Pat's last big fight.

Peter P

Just like Tito owned Ken and Cabbage owned Tank. It would still be a highly anticipated matchup. I think if Pat's healthy he could make it a competitive fight. He couldn't do any worse than Hughes.

Peter P

ttt

not gonna happen.... Not anytime soon anyway... Guaranteed, so just forget about the topic for a while..

this gives me nausea!

Why is everyone saying that Penn v.s. Lawler should happen next for the title? Last I check Nick Diaz KO'd Lawler.....where's Diaz in the title hunt picture? Personally, I would like to see Diaz fight the winner Shonie Carter v.s. Karo Parisyan.....or, just have Diaz fight against Lytle. I think you have a good match switching up any of those 4 guys together.

Carter, Diaz, Lytle and Parisyan.

"Lawler has terrible boxing skills and we never seen him on the ground." Tell that to Chris Lytle who is having success as a pro boxer and Lawler more than held his own standing with Lytle. Lawler also did well on the ground against Lytle who is a Pancrase veteran and good on the ground.. Tiki who's a good striker would also disagree that Lawler doesn't have good boxing skills.

Peter P