Paul Harris = BJJ when it's trained like wrestling

ECM - 
ChipW - I like the Paul Harris aggressive style. His take downs are top shelf and when he pulls guard it's straight into a heel hook.

I don't like how he try's to intentionally hurt people though by torquing after the tap though. I wonder if he does that in training? Phone Post 3.0
I trained with him a couple of times before he fought in the UFC. I was a purple belt at the time but he treated me as gently as a kid, caught and realeased heel hooks and didn't crank a submission once Phone Post 3.0

Come on Man; this is a serious discussion here. We are talking about Rousimar Palhares.

I had a training partner who was a newly minted blue belt seriously talking to me about how his game plan was to win by advantage, because everyone's skill neutralizes each other out and he wanted to plan and trying to win the "inevitable" battle for advantages. At BLUE BELT, which maybe has one of the widest ranges in skill level/ability?

I really like toquinho's style, love his pace, aggression, takedowns, leglocks game, and intensity. Hate his sportsmanship. Phone Post 3.0

That style makes BJJ fun to watch, and IMO more fun to practice. I think you can still be really technical and avoid positions that are more likely to lead to chronic issues (inversions, lots of getting stacked, etc) and still shoot to kill and attack durin training (even if your rolling light, just keep moving and attacking instead of pausing or waiting).

I love leglocks, and I have much easier rounds if I'm rolling with a really big or strong guy if I spend most of it chaining leg lock attacks or just continuously attacking with subs. If I get passive or too positional, I end up getting squished and spend too much time getting torqued on by them trying to hold a dominant position. I feel like a really aggressive style can preempt a lot of the stuff that leads to feeling excessively beat up, at least for me personally, but it demands that you stay in good enough shape to be able to keep up the pace. Phone Post 3.0

Mike Wazowski - I train with a 70 yr old who was d1 wrestler as well. He goes hard and brings it.

Keep it moving else you'll end up old Phone Post 3.0
This... Phone Post 3.0

ECM -
ChipW - I like the Paul Harris aggressive style. His take downs are top shelf and when he pulls guard it's straight into a heel hook.

I don't like how he try's to intentionally hurt people though by torquing after the tap though. I wonder if he does that in training? Phone Post 3.0
I trained with him a couple of times before he fought in the UFC. I was a purple belt at the time but he treated me as gently as a kid, caught and realeased heel hooks and didn't crank a submission once Phone Post 3.0
That's good to hear. I always wondered what he would be like outside the ring Phone Post 3.0

Palhares style

Darrell Gholar was the wresting coach down at BTT when they first formed and for some amount of years after. He brought a wresting mentality and work ethic to the group. They already thought about position 1st submission 2nd. Darrell brought an intensity that allowed is guys to take down wrestlers and dictate when and where the fights took place. I would say that Paul Harris brings a wrestler's intensity to BJJ. Phone Post 3.0

Hey Beer Man - Darrell Gholar was the wresting coach down at BTT when they first formed and for some amount of years after. He brought a wresting mentality and work ethic to the group. They already thought about position 1st submission 2nd. Darrell brought an intensity that allowed is guys to take down wrestlers and dictate when and where the fights took place. I would say that Paul Harris brings a wrestler's intensity to BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
Speaking of Darrell he's still recovering from the stroke he had a couple of years ago that left him paralysed down one side. I don't know if he's ever going to coach again but I sure hope so. Guy was a genius on the mat Phone Post 3.0

ECM -
Hey Beer Man - Darrell Gholar was the wresting coach down at BTT when they first formed and for some amount of years after. He brought a wresting mentality and work ethic to the group. They already thought about position 1st submission 2nd. Darrell brought an intensity that allowed is guys to take down wrestlers and dictate when and where the fights took place. I would say that Paul Harris brings a wrestler's intensity to BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
Speaking of Darrell he's still recovering from the stroke he had a couple of years ago that left him paralysed down one side. I don't know if he's ever going to coach again but I sure hope so. Guy was a genius on the mat Phone Post 3.0
I talked to him recently and he said he was hoping to go down to Brazil and teach soon. Phone Post 3.0

Hey Beer Man -
ECM -
I talked to him recently and he said he was hoping to go down to Brazil and teach soon. Phone Post 3.0
That's great news! Phone Post 3.0