Pauls Having Ongoing Talks with Bellator About Fighting MMA - Coker

Bellator CEO Scott Coker says the door is wide-open for Jake Paul and Logan Paul to join his promotion.

“We’ve had conversations with [Logan] and Jake about, ‘What does MMA mean to you guys?’ and ‘What do you guys wanna do?’” Coker told TMZ Sports. “There’s ongoing dialogue, but if they wanted to really get down and really get serious and do it, we could bring them in. Sure, why not?”
He added that he’s “impressed with how much they’ve grown over the last two years.”

Jake has entertained the idea of entering the MMA realm, and it would be a natural pivot if his boxing career stagnates.
Were the Paul brothers to make the transition, Bellator would be the likeliest spot given the cold war between Jake and UFC President Dana White. Granted, White might be willing to put that aside if there’s enough money to be made.

How in the world would the pay work?

Who could he beat in MMA that makes it a draw and worth Bellator paying that kind of money?

Nobody is buying a bellator ppv for Jake to fight a skill level appropriate match up.

3 Likes

They’ll go where there’s the biggest payday. That’ll be ufc or they’ll just put on their own stupid show with a few fights and a bunch of crappy rap acts.

Bellator isn’t going to be able to fork over the money they’ll want.

I wonder how they’ll do in the USADA testing?

1 Like

Will never, ever happen.

2 Likes

AJ or romero taking dive for few mill :sweat_smile: then to ufc with that fake hype to sold wolf tickets

It won’t be UFC because they will make them fight real fighters.

Look at what happened to Kimbo slice is probably closest equivalent

Just was a mess in UFC, but was super successful in other promos.

Have him fight MVP. If either gets knocked out it’s a win win.

4 Likes

Dillon Danis.

2 Likes

In a recent interview with ‘TMZ Sports‘, Coker praised the Paul brothers and gave his opinion if the two could transition to MMA saying:

“I’m impressed with their work ethic. I’m impressed with how much they’ve grown over the last two years. And if they had their mind made up, I think (Logan and Jake Paul) could get into it. I mean, could they come and win a fight against a world champion? Probably not. But could they fight somebody decent? I think they could.”
When pressed about who he would pair them with in the cage, Coker continued:

“Well, I know they were talking to A.J. (McKee), but I think A.J’s too light. But I don’t think they should fight somebody like Gegard Mousasi or anything like that, but maybe somebody ranked in the top 10 or maybe towards 8 or 9.”

For now though, the brothers seem to want to continue their boxing careers as well as their very successful social media personality platforms.

Jake Paul has already achieved a record of 5-0 in the boxing ring, four of the fights by knockout. ‘The Problem Child’ has already released his six-man short list for his next fight, those six include Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping, Tommy Fury and Sonny Williams.

Logan Paul fought Floyd Mayweather back in June of 2021 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. There was no official winner declared at the end of the exhibition boxing bout, but the fight did go the distance. Rumours have swirled that Logan’s next opponent could be with another boxing great such as Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, or Mike Tyson.

I’d love to see that. They’d get smoked.

They make several millions of dollars per fight when boxing. Why would they take a legit MMA fight for less $? This entire conversation makes no sense.

I think Paul could be really successful in his MMA debut. They just need to find an armless midget who is 96 years old with asthma. Sounds like his normal approach to finding an opponent.

Put Jake Paul on TUF.
Maybe his army of 12 year old fans would tune in, boost the ratings, and the UFC could throw millions at him.

6 Likes

This would actually be really good for UFC.

6 Likes

Bellator could definitely get them the money they want, imo, it would just be mostly off of PPV points & up to the Paul’s to sell it. UFC would be so worried about their brand that they probably wouldn’t be as willing for a one-off sort of thing.

1 Like

We don’t want to see that though do we? Wouldn’t it be better to have them win against a couple mid tier guys so they get confident? Then unleash anyone they want.