PBF guaranteed $41.5 mil - Canelo $10mil plus!

newtotheinterweb - Yeah I'd like to see what the rest if the guys on that card are paid in comparison. I'll bet most are on less than the 6k/6k UFC minimum.
When one guy takes that sort of money, it generally comes at the expense of the rest. Phone Post 3.0

Danny Garcia was askign for $5M for the fight with Matthysse
but I doubt he'll make that much, I say $1.5M-$2M and Matthysse making mid to upper 6 figures. The rest might get at most $100K.

Lol! Take that "only Floyd makes money in boxing" shit out of here! Boxers on Showtime are making a million dollars per fight.. Phone Post

MDubz - You guys are funny. Floyd is one man making this money, no one else in boxing gets that and no one else on that card sniffs it. Handing out a big pay day to the last Mohican of the boxing world once a year compared to Dana paying a stable of guys on multiple ppvs isn't even comparable. Don't speak on subjects if you aren't even going to bother to be educated on it beforehand. Phone Post 3.0

this is legitimately the worst response from mma fans, "pacquiao and mayweather are the only guys getting paid this money"

Completely ignoring Canelo getting paid millions since his fight with Shane Mosley, Sergio Martinez getting paid 1.2 million for his fight with Chavez, who got paid 3 million.

Compare that to UFC, where idiot fans literally justify UFC's pay by saying "WHAT ABOUT SPONSORSHIPS, BACKROOM BONUSES, ETC!!!!!"

Guys like Martinez aren't even really at the forefront of boxing in the general public, but they're still getting paid millions. Your defense is garbage.

MDubz - You guys are funny. Floyd is one man making this money, no one else in boxing gets that and no one else on that card sniffs it. Handing out a big pay day to the last Mohican of the boxing world once a year compared to Dana paying a stable of guys on multiple ppvs isn't even comparable. Don't speak on subjects if you aren't even going to bother to be educated on it beforehand. Phone Post 3.0

TRUBoxingHeadz: Boxing pay checks: Mares earned 925K, Gonzalez 100K (will make alot more now) Leo Santa Cruz 157K and former Champ Terr…

This is from a SHOWTIME card. Not.ppv. Phone Post

If guys on Showtime broadcast are making that kind of money and aren't household names , what should a headliner on network TV get ? I'm not a TV exec so I don't know exactly what the ROI would be , but I would assume network TV would generate much larger revenue stream ? So if a boxer was fighting on network TV would he get higher purse than on Showtime ? What's the reason mma fighters aren't compensated the same way ? Is the distribution of boxing much higher in other markets which is driving up the income ? Phone Post 3.0

Can someone in the know find what the top 20 boxers made in 2012? It would be interesting to compare it to the top 20 MMA guys since Floyd is an outlier. Phone Post 3.0

Unseen - Can someone in the know find what the top 20 boxers made in 2012? It would be interesting to compare it to the top 20 MMA guys since Floyd is an outlier. Phone Post 3.0
The top 20 in boxing would crush MMA's top 20. It wouldn't even be close.

Floyd. Kahn
Pacman. Bute
Marquez. Diaz
Ward. Hopkins
Berto. Canelo
Ortiz. Guerrero
JCC Jr. Cotto
Martinez.
Donair
Klitchkos
Froch
Bradley

That's 20 right there an I can think of so many more... Everybody on that list is a millionaire. Phone Post 3.0

Haye got £22 mill for Klitschko and £10 mill for Audley Harrison.

Audley got £2 million for the Haye fight. lol @ "Anderson Silva money"

Povetkin v Wlad is going to do some silly numbers in Moscow. Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Frames4Life - 

Haye got £22 mill for Klitschko and £10 mill for Audley Harrison.

Audley got £2 million for the Haye fight. lol @ "Anderson Silva money"

Povetkin v Wlad is going to do some silly numbers in Moscow. Phone Post

See this guy? Listen to him. He knows what's up...

Tyson Fury is getting £5 Million to face Haye this month!

Povetkin/Wlad has a purse bid of $23 Million.

Scary thing with Floyd is that he has no sponsors...

Imagine him with Gilette, Nike etc. He'd have untold millions OUT of Boxing, let alone from the ring.

Lets not forget the pound is nearly double the dollar right now too. So 5mil pounds is $9mil Phone Post 3.0

YukiNakai'sEye - Once the sport of MMA is bigger and these fighters are household names then they will have the ability to promote the fights themselves.

If Jones vs Silva was a stand alone fight, not promoted under the UFC brand I think it would still do good PPV buys. Phone Post 3.0

How is MMA going to get bigger? Haven't PPV buys been going down since 2009