Pellegrino institutes "No Tapping" rule for fight

Buck 65 - dumb idea and bad for the sport.

exactly, SPORT! Its not NHB, Vale Tudo, its very sport. You are correct

and an actual fighter throws it out there, that quitting is not acceptable and sporting fans say they might get hurt and not good for the SPORT

this mainstream sport spar has went way to far

If you would actually watch the god damn video, he says that it only applies to strikes and not locks where you might need surgery....

fucking morons.

Crazy Zimmerman -  Someone once told me, and if I have no idea if it's true or not, that if you train with Kurt and tap in your fight, he cuts you from the team.  Sounds like BS to me.

Kurt has been saying to his team not to tap to chokes. He really was mad at himself for tapping in the Diaz fight and I think is trying to set an example now. TBH I doubt he would probably really cut guys from his team, he just knows from experience that you can loosen up a choke right until you go out completely and is trying to impress upon his students not to give up when you arent risking a real serious injury. At least I think so. Kurt seems a little crazy but mostly the good kind!

When I was in NJ shooting with him last July he mentioned the not tapping thing. I can't remember if it was just about chokes, or included joint locks. Anyway, in so many words the summary of the conversation was that he trains for so many months and only has a few fights a year, and now that he has a family to support he can't look them in the eye and tell them he gave up. How many times in MMA you see a deep submission not get finished. Hardy escaped a deep armbar from GSP when a lot of people would have tapped. Kurt's last fight with Camoes on his back with a deep choke and he fought out and got his own RNC.

JerseyJoeJitsu -  If you would actually watch the god damn video, he says that it only applies to strikes and not locks where you might need surgery....

fucking morons.<br type="_moz" />

LOL, he has already tapped to a choke.

Maybe we'll see snapped arms tomorrow. Getting back to its barbaric roots ;)

MMA Girls - When I was in NJ shooting with him last July he mentioned the not tapping thing. I can't remember if it was just about chokes, or included joint locks. Anyway, in so many words the summary of the conversation was that he trains for so many months and only has a few fights a year, and now that he has a family to support he can't look them in the eye and tell them he gave up. How many times in MMA you see a deep submission not get finished. Hardy escaped a deep armbar from GSP when a lot of people would have tapped. Kurt's last fight with Camoes on his back with a deep choke and he fought out and got his own RNC.

good info, thanks

Th Aussie looked pissed at the weigh ins

LambertCFMMA - Kind of funny that he's making this challenge when three of his four losses are by submission.

Has Pellegrino always been this attention craving?

Dressing goofy in interviews, hamming it up for the camera during his fights, and everything he does on twitter (war with Miguel Torres, saying he'll tweet between rounds, hating on SF, ect...).

Not saying anything is wrong with it. Just never noticed it before and was wondering if it was something new or if he's always been like this.

Jerzey Babey!

His new policy going into the Josh Neer fight included joint locks too. It starts at 3:10

Kurt Pellegrino talks about the mental side of fighting | UFC | SPIKE.com

He said george is cheating by using leg wraps as well.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11939&zoneid=13

He has a policy now? LOL.

Wow. I know he said if he loses he retires. I guess he just wants an excuse when it happens.

"Uhhh.... I blew a capsule in my elbow and the doctor said I have to retire. BUT I DIDN'T TapouT!!!!! WAR ME!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!"

I liked Kurt here on the UG but the dude is really trying too hard. Kurt Chael's idiocy only works for him. No need to jock his style.

Enemies - That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. And probably something impossible to abide by? Gonna tell me that if you get your arm snapped in 2 and somebody was still twisting it that you wouldn't ask for the fight to be stopped?

see Aoki fight

...and there is one of the reasons we see so many controversial stoppages. Refs can't trust the fighters to protect themselves with a tap and are forced into making very difficult decisions.