People are complaining about this card???

I've been a big fan of mma for quite a while and I've openly criticized the UFC for several of it's policies. Having said that it would be stupid of me to neglect all of the great things they've done over the years to help the sport grow.

With that note - I cannot understand why people are complaining about this card. There are a lot of very good, highly skilled fighters on this card - there are going to be at least a couple of barn-burners - I predict a couple of KOs submissions and the decisions I don't expect will be boring.

Out of the fights listed below I can see maybe 2 or 3 being not that entertaining (but still not a joke). Out of the more than 10 fights that's a pretty good percentage.

TTT this thread after everyone is raving about how awesome the card was and how great the fights were (or if on the off chance I'm wrong on this one, to call me a loser and 01ers going to 10 etc)

UFC Lightweight Title Fight
Frankie Edgar () vs. Gray Maynard ()

Televised PPV Card
Chris Leben () vs. Brian Stann ()
Brandon Vera () vs. Thiago Silva ()
Nate Diaz () vs. Dong Hyun Kim ()
Clay Guida () vs. Takanori Gomi ()

ION TV Televised Prelims

Marcus Davis () vs. Jeremy Stephens ()
Josh Grispi () vs. Dustin Poirier ()
Phil Baroni () vs. Brad Tavares ()

Untelevised Preliminary Card

Mike Brown () vs. Diego Nunes ()
Daniel Roberts () vs. Greg Soto ()
Jacob Volkmann () vs. Antonio McKee ()

Dozing off reading the card

I stopped worrying about card potential back when it became clear that stacked cards could epic fail and snoozer cards could turn out to be surprisingly awesome... which happens fairly regularly so how about just watch the fuckin thing and see what happens

Looks potentially pretty damn good to me.

Looking forward to it actually Phone Post

card is good enough but hope they put the airable pres before the main event cant wait to see mike brown in ufc.

i think everyone is just hating on the main event. im not one to hate but it is a lil predictable and wish it would just be 3 rnds so we could see more of the un aired fights brown nunes and the mckee fights have as much draw as this title fight sadly

looking forward to the gomi and vera fights

l33tp33t - obviously the main event people have a problem with. Also the guida fight is probably going to be a blanket fight too

gomi guida will be a stand and bang fest guida is a bit of a blanked in the past but has had some fotns since then and doesnt ride a bike around the cage either

biggator - 
l33tp33t - obviously the main event people have a problem with. Also the guida fight is probably going to be a blanket fight too

gomi guida will be a stand and bang fest guida is a bit of a blanked in the past but has had some fotns since then and doesnt ride a bike around the cage either

While Guida has been trading lately, Ive seen him say somewhere he plans on using his wrestling for this fight. Not to worry though Gomi gonna take his head off.

I seriously hope that mike browns fight gets airtime and I especially hope that Vera is as game as he says this time. In all likelihood the ME'll be a pseudo-boxing LnP coma-convention... Eh, but who knows?..... Jk I totally know. Phone Post

I will say i have critisized cards lately yes

This card however is great for me, not because of the main event but because I think all other fight will be good and im a big fan of Vera.. and thaigo actually, as well as Diaz and gomi.

cant forget Leben/Stann will be fireworks.

Leben Stann will be fireworks

Frankie Edgar will be looking to avenge his only loss

Gomi will bang with Guida, who has a pretty good chin and will just keep going. Gomi has done well against wreslters so this should be a pretty good fight.

Diaz vs Dong Kim should be great as well.

seeing the weigh ins has me excited for the card, all the fights look like fun I'm just praying Maynard doesn't take it.  Aldo vs Edgar at some point would be sweet.

Agreed that this card is probably going to be great. But it is lacking mainstream appeal. No real big names or celebrities.

My only problem is that Chris Leben is on the main card and Baroni's fight will be televised, but for some reason Mike Brown vs. Nunes is dark... WTF??

Aldo vs Grispi made this card phenomenal. Now that it's off, this card is mediocre. On a serious note, I think we'll be seeing exciting fights tonight. I hope I'm right. Phone Post

Bently, can you link to that old thread with the stories of the chick with no arms and legs, it was unbelievably funny, especially the ET reference, and quite possibly the best story telling on the OG ever imo.

-jk

JK - I had been desperately seeking that thread because I was thinking of turning it into a comic book series. I will make an appeal on the OG now actually to see if anyone can find it.

When I had a blue name I tried a whole bunch of different searches but nothing turned up. It appears to have been lost in the aether.