Pereira reminds me of a PRIDE era fighter

Make that 5-1 vs UFC champs in 2 1/2 years in the UFC.

2 Likes

Ive said this before and its a big part of why hes probably my favorite active fighter.

He has that old school mentality in and outside of the cage.

Quiet, stoic, and always respectful outside the cage.

But inside the cage, he is an ice cold killer. One of the scariest guys ever on the feet in MMA. Maybe the scariest because of his power.

That left hand touches you, its over. Its the death touch.

That performance last night…i was up in the air over who would win, but from the moment Sepultura started playing for his walkout, i had a feeling he was going to walk thru Hill.

4 Likes

After Hill beat Glover the writing was on the wall, unless Hill was grappling from the opening bell he was completely fucked, he’s as basic a striker as it gets, Alex read him like a book.

1 Like

Khamzat fought twice in 10 days. So pereira wouldn’t break this record as 301 is in 2 weeks

1 Like

Yeah but that was against Reese McKee and some other human punchbag

1 Like

alex is like a terminator

5 Likes

Wish the UG would get fixed and let me post pics again, but Izzy’s face was priceless after the KO!

Just sitting there in silence thinking, “I really hate that man.” :laughing:

2 Likes

…Cejudo had fans?

2 Likes

The record I was referring to was the record mentioned in the original post. Its the record for fastest turnaround between title defenses. Fig holds it now at 21 days. If Pereira defends at 301 he will break the record by a day.

What you are talking about is can smashing, I’m talking about title fights.

3 Likes

Ahh ok. Fastest title defenses

Would be crazy but I don’t see the ufc doing it. Specially not against Magomed

Honestly is there anyone here who doesn’t like Pereira? He’s never been in a boring fight and his aura is awesome

Other than Izzy fan girls of course

6 Likes

War AP!

Im a fan, but the purist in me doesnt like how much he has accomplished without fighting a grapple first fighter.

It feels like he’s just beating up lesser kickboxers.

2 Likes

Jan is a decent grappler

2 Likes

8 UFC fights.
6 fights against fighters who held the belt

It’s a crazy stat

2 Likes

Yeah. Split decision. What would a good grappler do? For me if he beats a real grappler he goes from great champ to all timer.

1 Like

It would be magical if he Ko’s Ank

1 Like

Jon Anik Mma GIF by UFC

1 Like