Pereira reminds me of a PRIDE era fighter

Enters the UFC at only 3-1 in MMA.

Takes three fights in 2022 and three fights in 2023.

Went down and has now moved up in weight. Willing to go up to HW in the future. Just five months after beating Adesanya he gave him a rematch. Got KOed and turned around and won his LHW debut vs a former champ just four months later.

Now took the 300 main event on short notice and said if he is healthy enough after 300 he wants to turn around and defend his belt at 301 in Brazil and break the record for fastest title defense turn around time in UFC history.

He is already the least experienced and fasted double champ in UFC history and he is already open to attempting to become a triple champ in the future.

Just reminds me of the PRIDE era fighters and its great to see.

I think its highly unlikely he becomes triple champ but thats not the point.

4-1 already vs UFC champs in his two years in the UFC and he wants to defend his title just 27 days apart to set a record for the quickest turn around between title defenses.

22 Likes

So the fastest title fight defenses in UFC history is Figueiredo at 21 day span with the first fight being a W but the 2nd fight was a draw. He did retain the title and a draw is considered a title defense because although not a win, a the champ defends and retains the belt in the instance of a draw.

1 Like

Correction, if Pereira defends at 300 and 301 that would break Figueiredo’s record by one day.

If he defends on April 13th and May 4th the span between defenses is 20 days thus beating Figueiredo’s defense record by a day.

2 Likes

He’s smart and unlike these other diva’s, he knows he’s marketable due to the excitement factor he brings and that his career as a fighter has an expiry date… making the most out of a good situation.

9 Likes

This is 100% true.

People Like Henry Cejudo think hes so in demand that he can take huge chunks of time off and come back, but honestly the fans move on and sometimes so does the talent.

5 Likes

I fucking love Poatan

No Homo

7 Likes

As stated in another thread, lets get Pereira vs Jones before it can’t happen.

Agreed. He also seems to be all over the place pretty consistently and shows there is more to character/brand building than talking a lot and acting a fool. The guy is at all the events, does interviews, is on social, etc.

3 Likes

And does all that while not speaking English. Yet is still a major fan favorite, as it should.

3 Likes

People love KO artists who don’t try to grapple. He has that Robbie Lawler/ Chuck Liddell appeal.

2 Likes

We need more of them in the sport

2 Likes

He’s already a legend.

3 Likes

Pride Pereira with head stomps and knees to the head on the ground would be fun.

3 Likes

Glover having to win 20 fights in a row to get his first title shot vs Jones and then going 11-4 and putting together another five fight win steak to capture a title and become the oldest first time champ in UFC history is a great story by itself. But then his training partner and friend then goes and becomes the least experienced champ in UFC history shortly after that and now he is a two division champ.

Its a great story and was fun to watch as a fan of Glover since the WEC days.

3 Likes

That is absolute madness.

The kind I like.

1 Like

Posted this before. When Glover tapped Jan I jumped up off the couch and started running around the living room.

While watching this card alone. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Adesanya’s Pereira tale

“I go downstairs, and I’ll never forget it, I see this guy and two girls,” Adesanya said. “And then one of them kind of looked back to see who was behind her, and smiled, and just had the most beautiful ratio of a** to ts I’ve ever seen in my life. And I remember thinking like ‘Fk, I wish I could capture this moment’… I think they were hookers though, ’cause he was getting- it was probably like 2am we landed or something. So he was getting some for to go.”

Quotes via MMA News

Regardless of what you think of this story, nobody can deny that these two will have tales to tell about one another for many years to come.

So you think UFC is gonna let Pereira headline 301 and attempt to break the record for quickest turnaround?

Also Pereira still saying he will fight HW.

This motherfucker is refreshing in the modern era of MMA.

4 Likes