PFL President Ray Sefo Optimistic On Ngannou

Hes gotta get that tourney money lol.

Jeebus , i dont see how they even compete

PFL president Ray Sefo has said that things are looking positive regarding the promotion potentially signing Francis Ngannou.

Earlier this year, Francis Ngannou decided to take the biggest risk of his career by leaving UFC. At the time, he was the company’s undisputed heavyweight champion – but that wasn’t enough.
‘The Predator’ felt as if he wasn’t been paid in the way he should’ve been and, as a result, decided to opt out of a new deal in favor of testing free agency. Up to this point, he has yet to sign a deal to fight elsewhere.

The 36-year-old, who turns 37 this year, has reportedly been in talks with several parties, including PFL. During a recent interview, PFL’s Ray Sefo spoke about where negotiations are currently at with Francis.
“That is correct, we’ve had a few meetings with Francis and those discussions are still going on,” Sefo said. “Obviously, there’s a few other things he also wants to pursue which is boxing and he knows where we stand with it too so, you know, it’s all positive should I say, right?

PFL WANTS NGANNOU

“To be quite honest, I would love to have him in the season,” Sefo continued. “But again, it’s no surprise he’s a pay-per-view kind of guy, and so I think that’s kind of up to him where we go with that. But listen, if he decides that he wants to be in the season, I’d love to have him in the season.”
There’s no denying that Francis Ngannou would serve as a huge star for PFL. However, given that he wasn’t happy with UFC’s offer, it does make you wonder what kind of number PFL could produce.

Imagine Ngannou fighting in front of 2,500 fans in a PFL season after he walked away from the biggest HW contract in UFC history.

Now that is a man that really wanted box, bigtime.

If he wanted to lose his ass financially, he should have just stayed put in the UFC and married and impregnated a stripper who would later try to take half his shit.

4 Likes

Supposedly he was the Good Samaritan trying to get everyone health insurance and retirement, maybe all the fighters in the season tournament will get hooked up and Francis will just fight for free since he’s such a good guy and DEFINITELY DID NOT leave to chase a 30M$ fight with Fury.

1 Like

Dawg, unnecessary Cody reference.

1 Like

To win the “big money” in the PFL you have to win the tourney. Can Francis stay healthy long enough to win a tourney??

Outside of a knee injury, how many times has Francis been injured/unhealthy?

1 million isn’t shit compared to what he would have earned fighting Jones.

1 Like

I can’t remember every injury he’s had but since since 2020 he’s only fought once a year

If this doesnt pan out he could always do potato sack races with bob sapp.

2 Likes

At the end of the day I think Francis will be a cautionary tale who has now made Dana’s job easier.
Best of luck to Francis hopefully for his sake, I’m wrong.

1 Like

Francis is the example of why you don’t leave good.

2 Likes

Francis did almost everything right, he did very well in negotiating… got all the way to the end, secured a massive deal. 8 Mil guaranteed is insane in UFC… but he didn’t know when to say yes. He should have accepted the fight.

Listen Jon jones isnt going to box with Ngannou, Hes going to take him down and choke him out. Francis probably gets choked out in training all the time. Big fucking deal, take that 8 mil and then you can probably ask to be released and go fight your boxing fight anyway.

And who knows it is combat sport you might catch Jones coming inside, probably got 5% chance of doing so.

2 Likes

PFL is awful. It’s so bland and boring the commentators make me want to puke that the smartcage and made up technology

BKFC looks like a A+ organization compared to PFL. Hard to describe the PFL. It’s like the light are on but nobody is home

1 Like
1 Like

“PFL Africa”

:joy:

1 Like