EVENT DETAILS

BUY TICKETS

FRIDAY JUN 23, 2023 | PFL 6

REGULAR SEASON: WELTERWEIGHTS & LIGHTWEIGHTS

OVERTIME ELITE ARENA, ATLANTA

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Sadly, that means the fight won’t be happening next, and may not happen this year at all. In a recent interview with MMA Fighting, Pacheco admitted that the fourth fight with Harrison likely isn’t in the cards for 2023.

“If they offer me a great purse, or at least something equivalent to what they offer her, I would obviously [do it],” Larissa Pacheco said in the interview. “But am I going to wait for her to decide when she wants to fight? PFL offered me a spot in the season, so I took it.” (h/t MMA Fighting)

“I think this fight won’t happen [in 2023], because I’m stuck in the season,” she continued. “It really depends on the situation, because I would have to abandon the season — and I don’t mean to be cocky, but this season is very advantageous for me – it’s pretty much saying I’ll win another belt. And to drop that for a fight with her and risk my winning streak, they would have to pay me really well, equivalent to what she gets paid, to really make it happen.”

2 Likes

https://www.mmanews.com/news/2023-pfl-1-preview

The PFL has returned for its 2023 regular season with featherweights and light heavyweights beginning their $1 million championship journey.

2022 PFL champions Brendan Loughnane and Rob Wilkinson will kick off the 2023 season against a pair of former UFC veterans. Both fighters won their first PFL titles last season and added $1 million to their bank accounts in the process.

Loughnane will face former UFC title challenger Marlon Moraes, while Wilkinson battles the dangerous Thiago Santos.
PFL continues to rank high in the hierarchy of MMA and is arguably the second most prominent organization in the sport. Innovation and high-level competition continue to make the PFL a long-term product to watch.

As is the case every PFL season, there’s a sense of urgency for fighters to make the most of each opportunity. Let’s take a look at the main event and co-main event of 2023 PFL 1.

2023 PFL 1 Main Event Breakdown

Loughnane earned the PFL title last season by defeating Bubba Jenkins at the PFL Championships. The victory capped off a four-win season, including a playoff win over former PFL finalist Chris Wade in the postseason.

Loughnane, a former Dana White’s Contender Series product, has had a chip on his shoulder since UFC President Dana White didn’t give him a contract. During his time in the PFL, he’s developed all aspects of his game and is arguably one of the top featherweights in the sport.
Loughnane will face a tough challenge in Moraes, who is hungry to snap his ongoing losing skid. In his PFL debut last November, Moraes lost to Sheymon Moraes via TKO after dominating the first two rounds of the fight.

Loughnane has improved his grappling over the past two seasons, as evidenced in his wins over Jenkins and Wade. While Moraes is known for his striking, his wrestling was on full display in his last fight.
The first few minutes of the fight could dictate how the bout plays out. Moraes, who is notorious for fast starts, will look to engage in the pocket early and often inside the cage.

Loughnane has gone the full distance in the majority of his fights and is known for taking a cautious approach early in the action. He’ll hold a distinct size advantage over the former bantamweight Moraes.

If Moraes can find a way with his striking and challenge Loughnane with his improved wrestling, it could be a fascinating matchup in the PFL 1 headliner.

2023 PFL 1 Co-Main Event Breakdown

Wilkinson, a former UFC prospect, has found a home in the PFL SmartCage.

Wilkinson capped off his first season with the PFL with a title win over Omari Akhmedov last November. All four of his wins last season, including over Delan Monte and Bruce Souto, came by TKO.
Wilkinson has won seven fights in a row since a loss to former UFC champion Israel Adesanya at UFC 221. A kickboxing standout, he’s improved with his ground game over his past few fights, which was once considered a massive gap in his repertoire.

A lot has changed in the PFL’s light heavyweight division as Wilkinson gets ready to defend the belt. Santos, who fought top UFC fighters such as Glover Teixeira and Jon Jones, is looking to steal his shine.
Santos signed with the PFL in a stunning move last year, not long after losing to Jamahal Hill last August. He’s lost five of his last six fights and is fighting with a lot to prove this PFL season.

The Wilkinson vs. Santos fight is poised to be full of chaos. Both fighters like to find their way on the feet and dictate range, and both men have one-punch knockout power at 205 lbs.

Don’t expect a lot of clinch work and wrestling in this one. Wilkinson and Santos will both look to earn a finish with their striking, and fans are in for a treat to get the light heavyweights started in the 2023 PFL season.

2023 PFL 1 Full Card & Schedule

Main Card (ESPN, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT)

• Brendan Loughnane vs. Marlon Moraes

• Rob Wilkinson vs. Thiago Santos

• Krzysztof Jotko vs. Will Fleury

• Movlid Khaybulaev vs. Ryoji Kudo

• Chris Wade vs. Bubba Jenkins

Preliminary Card (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT)

• Marthin Hamlet vs. Mohammad Fakhreddine

• Josh Silveira vs. Sam Kei

• Alejandro Flores vs. Daniel Torres

• Sung Bin Jo vs. Jesus Pinedo

• Delan Monte vs. Ty Flores

• Cory Hendricks vs. Impa Kasanganay

Aprrriilll ffallllsss

*Jim Norton Edgar voice"

1 Like

I cant wait for the same fighters to fight each other again -_-

1 Like

LAS VEGAS – After nearly nine years in the UFC, Krzysztof Jotko is about to get a new start.

Jotko made his UFC debut in December 2013 and went 11-6 with the promotion. His resume includes wins over the likes of Gerald Meerschaert, Misha Cirkunov and Eryk Anders. But after a submission loss to Brendan Allen this past October, he decided to check out free agency.

He signed with the PFL to take a crack at the $1 million 2023 light heavyweight season – after years at middleweight.

“I was in the UFC a long time,” Jotko said at Thursday’s media day for PFL 2023, Week 1. “I had little problems with my health, but everything is right now is very, very good and I’m super healthy. I just wanted to try something different – a different (weight class), different organization, better money.”

Jotko (24-6) will fight Will Fleury (11-3) on Saturday on the main card at The Theater at Virgin Hotels in Las Vegas. The main card airs on ESPN following prelims on ESPN+. The bout is the first of two in the regular season with a max of six points at stake toward postseason qualification.

Jotko plans to hit that postseason, too – and leave as the next PFL light heavyweight winner. The way the PFL’s season works, Jotko said being able to prepare differently will make a difference for him, too.

“I like to have plans for everything,” Jotko said. “Now I know how to plan my year. I see myself as the new champion at PFL. That’s why I came here – to be the champion, and nobody (can) stop me.”

Check out Jotko’s full media day interview in the video above.

ttt