Platinum Perry Unloads On "Fucking Childish Dana and Disrespectful Rich Assholes"

1 Like

1 Like

Mike Perry would like to see more respectful business practices within the UFC.

UFC 298 was a big night for several winners throughout the evening of action in Anaheim, Calif. two weekends ago. Amongst them was the clear-cut top-bantamweight contender Merab Dvalishvili, who maintained his place in the rankings as he extended his winning streak to a divisional record of 10.

After the unanimous decision nod over the former flyweight and bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo, Dvalishvili was the center of some newfound praise from UFC CEO Dana White. The promotional leader was previously somewhat sour on Dvalishvili after “The Machine” was reluctant to collide with his best friend and teammate, the former 135-pound title holder Aljamain Sterling. Now that Sterling is gone from the weight class, the path is clear for Dvalishvili while other streaking UFC contenders like Belal Muhammad at welterweight still struggle to lock down their title shot.

Watching everything unfold from his throne as the BKFC’s prized possession, Perry couldn’t keep quiet any longer.

“I heard Dana be like, ‘Yeah, ‘cause he wouldn’t fight his friend, you know how much we f****** love that here,’” Perry said on his OverDogs Podcast. “I was like, was that sarcasm, or was he serious? I thought sometimes they do f****** (fist gesture to mouth) on people who are like, ‘Oh my god, put ‘em on a pedestal because he was doing the right thing and he won’t fight his friend, but this guy over here is doing the same f****** thing, we’re gonna be mad at’ because why?

“They f****** pick and choose whoever the f*** they want, whenever the f*** they want. They do whatever the f*** they want and no one can tell them anything about it. That’s where it’s f****** annoying and I lose interest.”

The UFC and MMA has evolved a lot over the years. That goes without saying, of course, but optically, there has been a lot of clean-up done, whether physically or production and broadcast-wise.

2 Likes

Perry is the most influential black intellectual of our time.

6 Likes

Overall, Perry’s comments shed light on the ongoing debate surrounding fighter treatment and fairness in the UFC.

2 Likes

Not fighting friends and teammates is fine. But what do you do if one is champion and the other is number one contender and neither is a draw. Its a headache for the promotion.

4 Likes

I love Perry

Perry is so well spoken.

I hope Dana kills himself

Someone tell Mike Perry that is the luxury of owning your own business…

Bit extreme dude

2 Likes

So? You sound like a homo

Yup

I said something similar about a poster on here a few months back and got frozen.

I’m just looking out for you

Why can’t everybody on this board just be nice to each other and not troll or say negative shit. We’re all grown ass men trying to get through life. So lets just chill the fuck out and talk about our passions; the reason we’re here.

7 Likes

He’s gonna call u a homo for that reply

1 Like

thats just HFT win or lose ?