Please help us stop RAPE!!

Sent!

ttt for the Don

Adam thought you might like this bit of encouragement to know that your not the only one.

Organized Violence: Pathology and Treatment

My chosen major(Biomechanics/Kinesiology/Hoplology/Killology) is one of the reasons for my choice in vocations(fighting/security).

Almost a "lab" ,if you will,to experiment in.Participating in violence(both controlled and random) while taking inventory of conscious workings and analyzing actions taken to determine subconscious workings.Similar to the medical process of inoculating oneself with a weakened strain of a virus in an attempt to build up an immunity but I admit this task is slightly more involved and not so straight forward.

That is one possible societal benefit to allowing MMA to continue.Grant it most will be people participating for reasons of ego but there WILL be the scattered few individuals who are looking fighting for something nobler.A possible understanding to violence in its most basic form and how we react to it and how an experienced participant in violent acts behaves differently from an inexperienced participant.

Sex has its own field of study and it is not nearly as important a subject for human betterment as fighting.And like sex fighting too has a good side and a darker side.There is rape and there is assault.There is consentual sex and there is concentual combat.

There are important questions that can only be answered by being and becoming a certain type of person.Exposure to healthy discussion/participation in matters of sex is no less important than matters of combat.

Judah Ciervo

Fight Factory

ttt

Adam, We are really looking forward to the seminar.

Cya soon

Hey everyone,

Last week I was considering cancelling the raffle and refunding the donations because it just didn't look like there was going to be enough support. But just this week a couple of donations rolled in and I realized that (thanks to two people in particular) the goal is not unreachable, especially considering that the conference and seminar is not until April.

I am thinking that it would be best to hold the raffle as soon as the goal is met so that people who donated do not have to wait too long before they know if they won or not. Given the amount of stuff I have to give away and the number of entries, everyone has a very good chance of winning something, in fact right now there is a 100% of everyone winning something.

Also, a few people have emailed me requesting information about sexual assault generally and more specifically about attending the conference or seminar. I THINK the conference is open to the public but I will find out for sure. It will be held in April in Long Branch, NJ. With respect to the free self defense seminar, right now it is being restricted to 25 women or less. I was planning on registering almost all of them at the conference. However, I have received emails and I will reserve some spots now, depending of the circumstances.

Donations can be made via paypal. My account is AML1107@hotmail.com. That is also my personal email so if you would like to contact me please do so.

Thank you all for your support!

Adam

Thx for the update Adam.

ill donate buy dont do that paypal, can send money order...

Just sent some money (sorry it took so long!).

When is the final deadline for entering the raffle?

ttt

i hope this is legit

If I can get a Kirik's mark of approval on this thread that you are legit, I'll throw 10 bucks.

Wow, thats a strange coincedence! I just got done sending an update to all of the people who have donated so far. It went something like this:

It doesn't look like i'm going to be able to raise enough money to pay for Debi to fly out and for her expenses. So, I was planning on donating the money raised directly to NJCASA and getting a local BJJ blackbelt or MMA fighter to conduct the free seminar. Of course I will still be attending the NJCASA conference in April and ony of you local is welcome to come along.

Then I read the thread about Joe Priole. Considering his situation as a whole and also his work conducting free self defense clinics for women, I thought it might be more appropriate to donate all of the money to his fund. Of course since I solicited the donations with the understanding that the money would go indirectly to held NJCASA I asked the donors for their collective permission for the change. I just sent the email out not even 5 minutes ago and I will wait to hear from them.

All that aside, the raffle will be held in a few weeks. Because of the small number of donors everyone has aconsiderable chance of winning something, especially those who entered multiple times.

Thank you again for your support!

ttt

That sux. Amazing, since if I recall you were only trying to raise $400-500 weren't you?

Seems hard to believe 40-50 members weren't interested in buying a ticket for the raffle just for the sake of helping out, throw in all the prizes you have... double wow.

I can see why those PPV buys are going through the roof w/ the big spenders here. Alas.

i know im gonna catch some crap for this, but why does everyone always asks for money when some one has health problems or something, and how the heck will they stop rape if we give you money, are you gonna install lights in dark alleys or something

No, no crap. From what I understand Joe's family is asking for help with his medical bills b/c he has no insurance. And no we do not prevent rape by lighting alleys. Organizations like NJCASA raise awareness and call public attention to rape and abuse of women. They also provide counseling for victims of rape. This, indirectly helps prevent rape and help if it does happen.

(edited for spelling)

"why does everyone always asks for money when some one has health problems or something"

Medical treatment isn't cheap, especially for a life-threatening illness.

A few bucks here or there to help someone in the MMA community live is nothing.

Just be grateful it isn't you that has to ask for help.

ttt

ttt

ttt