Please teach me how to make bbq chicken

PLEASE!

i beg of u. teach me your ancient tribal secrets.

first you gotta steal the neighboring tribes chicken....

this is a job for Moke. his bbq chicken always looks the best.

PAGING CHEF MOKE...

PatrickFreitas - first you gotta steal the neighboring tribes chicken....

i dont want to get shanked by some iced out braddah...how about if i just go to kauai

go easy teriyaki first:

1c shoyu
1c brown sugar
1c wine or beer
1 thumb minced ginger

marinate over night. grill. pau

Moke and FCTV are great chefs. I like to show up at their places and eat their food whenever possible.

I like to hang with tehFreitas and try and get his sloppy seconds.

sloppy indeed

FCTV808 - go easy teriyaki first:

1c shoyu
1c brown sugar
1c wine or beer
1 thumb minced ginger

marinate over night. grill. pau

is bbq chicken harder? i like teriyaki and all..but i need that juicy flavorful taste only bbq can give

this is hawaii if you want BBQ go to the texas forum

thank you come again

Depending on portion size/taste measurements will vary (but i jus eye em), i like to do like dis:

-shoyu
-brown sugur
-miso (soy-bean paste)
-Heineken
-lil ichimi togarashi (red chili pepper)

marijyanate den grill :)

Chee!

SUBstitude - Depending on portion size/taste measurements will vary (but i jus eye em), i like to do like dis:

-shoyu
-brown sugur
-miso (soy-bean paste)
-Heineken
-lil ichimi togarashi (red chili pepper)

marijyanate den grill :)

Chee!

is regular chicken breast ok? how long do you marinate for?

regular chicken breast is fine (thighs are FTW), butterfly if really thick. Marinate until jus right...

...actually depends on size and taste. if you make the marinade strong, DO NOT let sit for too long.

id imagine if you added ketchup to any of the above recipes that would make it bbq sauce

technically, bbq is a cooking technique by which you slow cook in a closed grill. open flame cooking is grilling. flavoring the meat is just for taste preference. juicy is from proper cooking. imo, bbq is easier in maintaining "juicy", takes longer, but well worth it. if using breast, do not overcook. death of "juicy". also, leave skin on but remove when eating to avoid fat. when bbq'ing, temp is determinant of doneness.

where's the party at?

wait a second goku, something tells me you've tried this famous bbq chicken recipe b4, haven't you?

BBQ sauce + chicken + George Foreman Grill = BBQ chicken, no?

soak for 3 hrs cook over mesquite.

"is bbq chicken harder?"

bbq chicken in Hawaii is generally some form of teriyaki or kalbi marinade on chicken then grilled. Then you also have FCTV's miso chicken formula which is similar SUBs recipe.

My kalbi recipes have always been based off of local style and not true Korean style. I have been doing some major adjustments and experiments lately truer to a strict Korean style, and will eventually post what I end up settling with.

oh do tell

and i am not talking about texas bbq..i am talking about hawaiian bbq..ive tried to make teriyaki and i didnt know wtf i was doing...

i need detailed instructions because i cant cook for shit but i am obsessed with hawaiian bbq chicken