"Point Fighting/ Laying and Praying"

There has been a lot of talk on the UG as of late about boring fights from fighters with the potential of making their fights more exciting. While I side with most reasons why, I can't help but come to the conclusion that most of you favor finishes and/or epic battles.

Totally understandable, but as a MMA fan I can enjoy a good technical battle. Whether it's a wrestle fest or utter destruction. I guess the topic I present to you all is:

What do you think classifies as "boring" and what should be done to prevent such fight failure?

Discuss Phone Post

No, I no discuss today. Phone Post

My opinion, iss normal. Phone Post

TTT Phone Post

i think if u r good enough on the ground, u cannot be lay and prayed under todays rules

i think if u r good enough standing, u cannot be out pointed

As long as guys are active I don't mind if they're winning on points. I watch MMA to watch these guys demonstrate their skills at the highest level. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

As long as guys are active I don't mind if they're winning on points. I watch MMA to watch these guys demonstrate their skills at the highest level. Phone Post

I'll take the bait on this one, and try to offer a reasoned opinion without attacking any fighters. I think "pointfighting" and "LNPing" is the exact opposite of guys demonstrating their skills at the highest level. It's guys NOT demonstrating their skills at the highest level, but instead utilizing those skills to fight in a manner which earns points without actually engaging or attempting to finish (or even work towards a finish).

Example: A superior wrestler utilizing his skills, not to wrestle and positionally dominate his opponent, but instead to win a very sloppy point-fighting match because his opponent cannot dictate where the fight takes place. Yes, the fighter winning has no obligation to fight in any manner other than to win, but it's horrible as a fan to watch someone with a world-class skillset intentionally avoid using it.

If I see two NCAA-champion caliber wrestlers matched up, I hope for a wrestling clinic, GNP, a fight of ground fireworks. Usually we get a bad kickboxing match, with jabs and haymakers. This is pointfighting, and is terrible unexciting.

ranier wolfcastle -

i think if u r good enough on the ground, u cannot be lay and prayed under todays rules

i think if u r good enough standing, u cannot be out pointed

My thoughts exactly. VU Phone Post