Poll: Aldo/Edgar score by round

Wasa-B - "Great fight from Edgar, he is just not on Aldo's level in the striking realm and couldn't get him down. The right fighter won."

True, Aldo was dominant in 1, 2 but then not 3-5 so I thought Aldo lost that "he's not on the same level as me" thing because of that. Sure when he's fresh but title fights are always 25 min. Had Aldo had a stronger/definitive win in a 3rd round (3-5), I woulda been happier. He didnt. Still happy he won but woulda liked to have seen him close it out stronger. But he had to stay smart and he did. Maybe that's something eles people overlook - how dynamic Aldo is but how calculated he is too.

For sure. I totally agree. he adjusted very well to the fact that his body was slowing down. No question that Edgar is the better athlete after that fight. Aldo did an amazing job of dealing with the pace and still dominating the grappling even when tired. I expected, if Aldo gassed, to see Edgar put him on his back. Edgar still couldn't take him down or keep him down. This puts to bed the questions about Aldo's TDD when tired because of the 5th with Hominick. I now firmly believe Aldo's description of that 5th v hominick when he said he dug for a choke instead of defending on purpose. 

Good disccussions up in this bitch.

Wasa-B - 
Gokudamus stole my name - If you look at fightmetric (i know i know) then Frankie outlanded Aldo by only 3-4 strikes in 3-5. Personally i dont consider that of enough sufficient quantity to earn Frankie the rounds. Especially since Aldo in addition to keeping up with Frankie in amount of strikes, also landed the harder shots

I give Edgar round 4. He outlanded Aldo 2-1 and got the takedown

Maybe the fact that i wanted Aldo to win skewed how Frankie was doing - i get worried for my guy when watching. However, its always more emotional live. I rewatched this morning and did not see a clear edge again for Aldo in 3 or 5. I did think Frankie clearly won 5 live though but recant, it was close.

Fair enough though, I love Aldo, wanted him to win, just didnt want him to win "controversially" and wanted fairness for Frankie. Sure, in the "fight" or "Pride rules," Aldo won 1 and 2 by such clear margins where Frankie did not win a single round by domination but just going by the 10 must....

Well its a subjective opinion and it was not lopsided enough to make everyone reach same conclusion. For example to you maybe the shots Frankie was landing were hard enough wich in addition to his total strike number and movement leads you to give Frankie the round

But for me, i thought Aldo did the most damage in rounds 3 and 5. In round 3 the most significant strike was the front kick to the face that busted up Frankies nose. In round 5, i thought both guys were landing shots but the biggest one was the Superman leap off the cage that landed pretty hard on Frankie, and it was just before the end of the round

But like i said in the other thread. I just cant give Frankie the fight knowing he got his ass kicked and didnt really do much to Aldo other than scoring points.

I thought Aldo was either sick or too gassed for Hominick. I knew it was an anomolie - no dis to Mark.

The other thing about Aldo's tdd and ground defense as Rogan said to be fair, is how dynamically he is already adjusting when he's getting taken down. He is popping back up mid-air. Like GSP, he is a special athlete.

And what this fight proves is that Aldo can not only stuff a guy like Mendes - a more "one dimensional" or less rounded wrestler, he stopped arguably the best boxer/wrestler (striking/td mixer) outside of GSP and Jones.

Gokudamus stole my name - 
Wasa-B - 
Gokudamus stole my name - If you look at fightmetric (i know i know) then Frankie outlanded Aldo by only 3-4 strikes in 3-5. Personally i dont consider that of enough sufficient quantity to earn Frankie the rounds. Especially since Aldo in addition to keeping up with Frankie in amount of strikes, also landed the harder shots

I give Edgar round 4. He outlanded Aldo 2-1 and got the takedown

Maybe the fact that i wanted Aldo to win skewed how Frankie was doing - i get worried for my guy when watching. However, its always more emotional live. I rewatched this morning and did not see a clear edge again for Aldo in 3 or 5. I did think Frankie clearly won 5 live though but recant, it was close.

Fair enough though, I love Aldo, wanted him to win, just didnt want him to win "controversially" and wanted fairness for Frankie. Sure, in the "fight" or "Pride rules," Aldo won 1 and 2 by such clear margins where Frankie did not win a single round by domination but just going by the 10 must....

Well its a subjective opinion and it was not lopsided enough to make everyone reach same conclusion. For example to you maybe the shots Frankie was landing were hard enough wich in addition to his total strike number and movement leads you to give Frankie the round

But for me, i thought Aldo did the most damage in rounds 3 and 5. In round 3 the most significant strike was the front kick to the face that busted up Frankies nose. In round 5, i thought both guys were landing shots but the biggest one was the Superman leap off the cage that landed pretty hard on Frankie, and it was just before the end of the round

But like i said in the other thread. I just cant give Frankie the fight knowing he got his ass kicked and didnt really do much to Aldo other than scoring points.

Cool, yeah, there is no doubt Aldo won the "fight." Still woulda liked to have seen him close it stronger...guess he did close it with that superman punch though.

Aldo is a special fighter and athlete. He seems to have the perfect mental attitude of being a no frills, focused killer.