Poll: Aldo/Edgar score by round

No commentary needed just who you thought each round:

I had Aldo 1, 2. Frankie 4 and even rewatching 3 and 5 numerous times, i didnt see a clear edge by either.

Ha, never tried to make one of those, forgot i was a blue. Maybe I should. Naw....razy...

I had Aldo winning the first 3 then Frankie taking the 4th and 5th rounds. Phone Post

Did people see 3 and 5 as close as I did?

In the proper use of the scoring system to me:

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

3-Draw 10-10

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Draw 10-10

49-48

In reality since we ALL know judges are too cowardly to use 10-10s as they were intended:

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

3-Aldo 10-9 barely barely barely

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Either way but forced to pick: Edgar 10-9

47-46 Aldo

Aldo wins any way I look at it. Even PRIDE judging.

F. Clean Strikes
1. The fighter who is landing both effective and efficient clean strikes.
2. There are two ways of measuring strikes:
-the total number of clean strikes landed (more efficient)
-the total number of heavy strikes landed (more effective)

G. The heavier striker who lands with efficiency, deserves more credit from the Judges than total number landed.
1. If the striking power between the fighters was equal, then the total number landed would be used as the criteria.
2. The total number of strikes landed, should be of sufficient quantity favoring a fighter, to earn a winning round.

Wasa-B - Did people see 3 and 5 as close as I did?

Yes. Would have scored them both 10-10 personally. 

Slight edge to Aldo in 3 and Edgar in 5. 

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

3-Draw 10-10

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Draw 10-10

49-48

In reality since we ALL know judges are too cowardly to use 10-10s as they were intended:

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

4-Edgar 10-9

47-46 Aldo

Cool, i didnt bother to tally up the socre if 3 and 5 were draws. Good to know.

However, in your 2nd score, Aldo barely barely and Frankie if you had to pick shows how it could gone either way imo.

Gokudamus stole my name - F. Clean Strikes

G. The heavier striker who lands with efficiency, deserves more credit from the Judges than total number landed.
1. If the striking power between the fighters was equal, then the total number landed would be used as the criteria.
2. The total number of strikes landed, should be of sufficient quantity favoring a fighter, to earn a winning round.

How does that apply to 3 and 5 then? How many "heavy shots" does it take to over take the more quantity but lighter shots from the other side?

Wasa-B - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

3-Draw 10-10

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Draw 10-10

49-48

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

4-Edgar 10-9

47-46 Aldo

Cool, i didnt bother to tally up the socre if 3 and 5 were draws. Good to know.

However, in your 2nd score, Aldo barely barely and Frankie if you had to pick shows how it could gone either way imo.

To me that shows that 48-47 is the closest I could have scored it.If you give the edge to Edgar in 5, then Aldo deserves it in 3. I would not have been screaming robbery if Edgar won. I would have been upset that judges were not scoring properly, but that is old news. 

Great fight from Edgar, he is just not on Aldo's level in the striking realm and couldn't get him down. The right fighter won.

Wasa-B - 

How does that apply to 3 and 5 then? How many "heavy shots" does it take to over take the more quantity but lighter shots from the other side?

This is where it lies in the perception of the judges. I don't think there should be a cut and dry formula really. I think it should be up to the judges to determine, based on the impact of the shots and the fighter's reaction to them, who is being more "Effective" at doing damage to their opponent. They got it right, as you could see Edgar suffering from the blows. I am not talking about blood/cuts either as that is not the fair way to look at it. I am talking how hard the impacts were, and how Edgar reacted physically. 

"If you give the edge to Edgar in 5, then Aldo deserves it in 3."

How so? Both were close, both did not have definitive edges? Just playing devil's advocate for fairness' sake. I was going for Aldo but i thought Frankie made it that close.

If you look at fightmetric (i know i know) then Frankie outlanded Aldo by only 3-4 strikes in 3-5. Personally i dont consider that of enough sufficient quantity to earn Frankie the rounds. Especially since Aldo in addition to keeping up with Frankie in amount of strikes, also landed the harder shots

I give Edgar round 4. He outlanded Aldo 2-1 and got the takedown

Round 3 was a real tough round to call.  Frankie landed some good clean strikes toward the end, but he did eat a hell of a front kick to the face and that stood out in that round to me.  The 5th round I had edgar too, although aldo did land a pretty nice superman off the cage.  I thought the fight would come down to how that 3rd round got scrored.

I only saw the fight the one time but I watched with the sound off do I didn't hear any of rogan's apparently bias commentary Going to decision I said it was either 4-1 or 3-2 for aldo. So with out sound I'm pretty sure I saw the fight the same way the judges did Phone Post

"Great fight from Edgar, he is just not on Aldo's level in the striking realm and couldn't get him down. The right fighter won."

True, Aldo was dominant in 1, 2 but then not 3-5 so I thought Aldo lost that "he's not on the same level as me" thing because of that. Sure when he's fresh but title fights are always 25 min. Had Aldo had a stronger/definitive win in a 3rd round (3-5), I woulda been happier. He didnt. Still happy he won but woulda liked to have seen him close it out stronger. But he had to stay smart and he did. Maybe that's something eles people overlook - how dynamic Aldo is but how calculated he is too.

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Wasa-B - 

This is where it lies in the perception of the judges. I don't think there should be a cut and dry formula really. I think it should be up to the judges to determine, based on the impact of the shots and the fighter's reaction to them, who is being more "Effective" at doing damage to their opponent. They got it right, as you could see Edgar suffering from the blows. I am not talking about blood/cuts either as that is not the fair way to look at it. I am talking how hard the impacts were, and how Edgar reacted physically. 

Cool, respect!

Gokudamus stole my name - If you look at fightmetric (i know i know) then Frankie outlanded Aldo by only 3-4 strikes in 3-5. Personally i dont consider that of enough sufficient quantity to earn Frankie the rounds. Especially since Aldo in addition to keeping up with Frankie in amount of strikes, also landed the harder shots

I give Edgar round 4. He outlanded Aldo 2-1 and got the takedown

Maybe the fact that i wanted Aldo to win skewed how Frankie was doing - i get worried for my guy when watching. However, its always more emotional live. I rewatched this morning and did not see a clear edge again for Aldo in 3 or 5. I did think Frankie clearly won 5 live though but recant, it was close.

Fair enough though, I love Aldo, wanted him to win, just didnt want him to win "controversially" and wanted fairness for Frankie. Sure, in the "fight" or "Pride rules," Aldo won 1 and 2 by such clear margins where Frankie did not win a single round by domination but just going by the 10 must....

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

3-Draw 10-10

4-Edgar 10-9

5-Draw 10-10

49-48

1-Aldo 10-9

2-Aldo 10-9

4-Edgar 10-9

47-46 Aldo

This Phone Post