Poll: Fedor vs Cormier

So I just looked up reaches:

Cormier 72.5
Fedor 76

I was thinking this should give the advantage to Fedor…but I remember Fedor having more looping punches, so I’m not sure.

Fedor. He was the got damn terminator in his prime.

2 Likes

I’d pick Fedor but it’s a really good matchup. DC used a little more variety on the feet but I think Fedor is too fast for him. Fedor is usually remembered for his speed and power, and it’s obvious why. One thing that doesn’t get mentioned is his ability to use footwork to cover distance quickly, explode in, and back out.

That’s one thing most heavyweights struggled with, and it’s something DC would struggle with himself. Stamina is more of a toss up, I do remember Fedor getting tired at times, but also know that DC did a few times himself. Although DC had longer fights and went the distance more, and had a few five round fights.

In terms of wrestling DC has a clear advantage, and also in the clinch. I believe it would be very difficult for Fedor to get up, especially considering his fight with Bigfoot. Although Fedor is super dangerous on the ground and is a slippery wormy guy, but DC might be too big and strong.

Overall I feel it will be difficult to get to the range DC wants, because of how hard it is to get to Fedor. I feel like Fedor will get a TKO. But these are contrasting styles and match up well.

1 Like

This is a good point. Ring vs cage would factor in and definitely be an advantage for each fighter. Fedor in the ring sways how I think the fight might go.

1 Like

Which Fedor are we talking about?
If we are talking about pre cro cop Fedor then all my money on Fedor. No disrepect to DC though…

2 Likes

Cormier wouldn’t hold a candle to prime Fedor at any time in history

2 Likes

You do remember Stipe KO’ing Cormier, right? And you think their stand-up is even? Plus would be a strange fight in the sense that Fedor has the significant height and reach advantage.

5 Likes

DC KO’d the same TrT Bigfoot that destroyed Fedor. DC had his way with Hendo

1 Like

I’d take Bumpy Cormier by Decision

1 Like

LOL at DC’s standup being even with Fedor in their primes. Thats cute, real subtle troll there OP, bravo.

2 Likes

PRIME…PRIME…PRIME, God Damn It!

2 Likes

Were talking about both fighters on their best day.

When looking at common opponents, it makes a strong case for Cormier being the better fighter.

Cormier 3-0: 100%
Finished Dan Henderson
Slept Big Foot
Decision win Jeff Monson

Fedor 1-2: 33%
Slept by Dan Henderson
Smashed by Big Foot
Decision win Jeff Monson.

1 Like

Something of note…The Godfather, Joel Surprenant, did something that neither Fedor or Cormier could…Joel finished Jeff Monson, as he has a tech fall over Monson on the mats. So dumb of Chael to cut ties with The Godfather.

Joel Surprenant the uncrowned HW GOAT!

1 Like

DC is the better fighter. Ring or cage I do not care. DC takes him down and fedor is not getting back up

Horrible take as usual.

In his prime Fedor was not getting stuck on his back. He immediately reversed or submitted his opponents. Often within seconds.

Meanwhile plenty of guys got up vs Cormier. Gus, Stipe, Barnett, Hendo, Nelson etc etc.

That’s Cormier’s best chance to win, but to assume he would easily do it means you have to ignore the history of both fighters.

8 Likes

5 Likes

DC wins unless it’s a fixed fight like most of Fedor’s wins.

7 Likes

Poll so far

1 Like

@BoydBucky

I’m not sure I understand. Could you perhaps add little arrows?

1 Like