Possibly the best KO ever, Hearns vs Duran

15 Likes

Tommy Hearns was involved in some all-time barnburners.

11 Likes

The hit man had one of the best jabs I have ever seen. It is so fast, long, and powerful

4 Likes

big fan of both…

6 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/y8lBBbG.gif

the ko

9 Likes

Daaamn.

2 Likes

Hearns v Hagler was another barnburner, from back when Boxing was fun to watch.

7 Likes

KINGS!

5 Likes

It’s really a shame boxing isn’t like this anymore. These threads always bring back good memories.

4 Likes

He was so good at any range but God help you if you were at the far end of his right hand

4 Likes

Left KO, right Nelmark

1 Like
1 Like

Motherfucker!!

About 15 years ago I was on some boxing website, and I ordered a box set of all durans fights on dvd.

Few weeks later it arrived. It was just a bunch of dvds some guy burned on his computer. Was cool as fuck, he’d got all his recorded (on video) fights and sent them me.

3 Likes

Nowadays I’m sure the internet provides all that anyways, but it was cool to have them on dvd

4 Likes

The Hitman is my favorite boxer ever.

Sucks seeing these old school guys broke.

1 Like

That is a wild ko because of how iron-chinned Duran was. He never got touched up like that before or after.

Truly the golden age of boxing in my lifetime. Benitez, Palomino, Hagler, Arguello, Salvador Sanchez, Ray Leonard, Mancini, Wilfredo Gomez, Duran, Monzon, Julian Jackson, Aaron Pryor, etc.

6 Likes

My NHB/MMA library was 99% vhs, but I agree it was cool having them all. Makes me sad looking back on all the cool shit I gave away.

1 Like

What a great fight

1 Like

I did that with Gatti/Ward, but it was a low quality VHS they sent.

1 Like

I won’t post the gif cause I don’t want to trigger certain individuals but the greatest KO in combat sports history is simply Gabriel Gonzaga v. Cro Cop

Perfect combo of shocking/surprising and pure brutality

4 Likes