Power Training.......

Try it out.

Dos is cool but very sensitive to internet criticism.

You have to try everything and find what works best for you.

There was an article by Jason Feruggia about why linear periodization is best for the average guy.

He caught alot of shit since he was believed to be an advocate for the Westside/Conjugate method.

But he makes a good case.

I'll see if I can find the article.

Personally I prefer undulating periodization models for most of my training.

Louie Simmons of West Side Barbell is huge on the conjugate system of training. For a good example check out any of the articles he's published.

I haven't read this thread but...

LOL at "Mens Health Power Training."

LOL at you making comments about something that you were too lazy to even read about. It was written by Robert "Coach Dos" Remedios, master's in kinesiology and also has his CSCS.

"Coach Dos is also the 2006 recipient of the National Strength and Conditioning's prestigious Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Professional of the year for 2006. This award is given to the top collegiate strength coach in the country (as voted on by his peers)."

lol @ Leigh!

Ferrugia has done a major shift in his articles and approach in the last couple yrs. It might be the marketing he has learned, but he is going against everything his colleagues are doing and what can be found in bold heading on the internet concerning weight training and fitness.

So if it says 'whole body lifts' or anti-body split, he'll say it's bullcrap and body part splits and isolation lifts are the best way to go. Same thing on the periodization approach- if you say conjugate, he'll say linear but louder than you. But that's the headlines and articles, if he takes the middle road when in company with him is another story (idkdw).

-- There was an article by Jason Feruggia about why linear periodization is best for the average guy. --

i'd love to see that article. i can't imagine why linear periodization would be the best for the average guy who has no set dates to be preparing for. the basics really haven't changed much in a long time. every once in awhile new people come along and need to have them explained to them. also every once in awhile an author comes along and tries to loudly remind us that anything can work (typically along the way forgetting the difference between the words 'effective' and 'efficient').

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1298360

Here you go WP you no googling plick!

doh. the sad part is that right after i posted that i went and googled a different article of his without it dawning on me that i should google the one i asked about.

really he makes some valid points in the article. i'm not sure i'd disagree with him completely for the class of people he's talking about. but it's also not clear that there aren't better choices.