PPV buys

your thoughts on how 145 did? pure speculation but it seems the event was about average buys. there was lots of hype with the Jones/Rashad rivalry but i don't think that added a ton of buys.

and how do you think Jones ranks as a ppv draw. i have not seen estimates for many events so i am not sure what the average buys is lately.

Tonight?

Likely does 650K.

Going forward it will take someone who fans reasonably believe can beat Jones or an undercard like UFC 100 to get him over 450K.

Jones isn't a personality fans love and he isn't exactly destroying guys like Tyson of the 80s.

Fans watched to see Tyson savagely attack and smash faces in.

Jones is nice, soft spoken and doesn't have that aggression to draw fans to pay to see mismatches.

He is too good for his own good. Phone Post

Loxly -  your thoughts on how 145 did? pure speculation but it seems the event was about average buys. there was lots of hype with the Jones/Rashad rivalry but i don't think that added a ton of buys.

and how do you think Jones ranks as a ppv draw. i have not seen estimates for many events so i am not sure what the average buys is lately.

What are you baasing this on?  I wouldn't imagine anyone knows how "it seems".  What method are you using, (scientific or otherwise) to determine how "it seems"?  Only 1 person I know bought it and about 17 of us showed up to his house to watch the fights.  There was quite a buzz for it but none of the ret of us were going to buy it.  I would have gone to the bar and taken it in there had no one else bought it.  Again, how are you determining how "it seems" to have done?  

I'll say 750,000.

Cindy